Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum? Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum?

Unread 07-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Unhappy - Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum? Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum?

Wondering if anyone could help explain pathology results from removal of left ovary.

multiple hemorrhagic follicular cysts?

hemorrhagic corpus luteum? Do hemorrhagic cysts cause pain?

serosal fibrosis? (I think that fibrosis means scarring, formation of fibrous or scar-like tissue)

vascular congestion? (I think this refers to blood pooling, but I am not sure. I already had a venogram for Pelvic Congestion Syndrome and did not have that.

I really want to understand and be prepared for my upcoming post-op visit. My doctor was very reluctant (very very) to do this surgery but when she went in we found that 2 coils from my embolization procedure last year are missing. I can't imagine what may have happened had she not trusted me, even though it is evident that she had her doubts. Grateful.

Blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum?

Blessings,
I wish I could help you with the results but I'm afraid to misguide you since I'm not a proffesional.

I found a very helpful medical website with tons of info on any subject that pertains to our health.

I typed in emedicine.com
then I typed in ovarian cysts and clicked onto the very first topic they offer. there's multiple ones you can click on.
it gives you all the names of the different type of cysts that there are.

I hope I was able to help you with this.
I also found a few weeks ago at the same site another topic there that put my mind to ease and that was "malignant lesions of the ovary"
I wound up there somehow. but you can just type in the title.

I wish you the best and that you get your answers before your visit with the dr.

Sincerely,
Linda
Unread 07-12-2005, 12:50 PM

(((Blessings)))

I have found WebMD to be helpful with medical terminology. There are lots of sites out there that will define these terms. Its probably good to take a look at that so you know what to ask your DR when you see her next. Educate your self well enough to ask good questions, but don't try to figure this out on your own. That's your doc's job, right?

I would wonder if lab tests to rule out diagnoses are not as reliable as visualizing the area directly? So, although a test might say one thing, the pathology report is probably more reliable. However, I am not a doctor and you really should ask your doctor to explain every term on that path report and what it means to you.

Best wishes and try not to stress yourself out. That won't help your recovery any at all. How's your pain? Better? Worse? Same?

Unread 07-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks.

Thanks for your kind replies.

I have learned more about the pathology which has helped a lot. Of course when I see my surgeon I can take the opportunity to ask questions too. I have background now on what some of the findings were, with the help of my GP, which prepares me and gives me some peace about what came of operation.

I understand that the ovary was enlarged, that it had many cysts that were hemorrhagic meaning blood filled or clot, hemorrhagic corpus luteum, the ovarian vessels were abnormally dilated (thus could have become tortuous and twisted, explaining the draining severe pain I was experiencing), some of the cysts with blood in them had ruptured spilling into my pelvic cavity (which would explain the nausea that I had) and the ovary was scarred (that's the fibrosis part). Phew! It really tells quite a bit just in that. I know that sometimes hemorrhagic cysts or hemorrhagic corpus luteum's get better over time because I had a very large 8cm one during pregnancy that ruptured (extremely painful) but these did not get better. Many times the Radiologist was perplexed because it seemed like I had another hematoma over and over again? Finally things make sense and I am so grateful for that.

Since the surgery I am feeling so much better. Yes, I get sore at the days end as our days are very full with our little blessings but it is greatly improved my quality of life. My doctor was so very reluctant to do the surgery (she had done 5 others and I endured severe complications after each) but in the end she trusted me enough to know my own body and it was truly for the best. When I told other doctors that I was having severe pain they looked at me like I was green because I had an embolization (coils placed in ovarian veins). How could I still have pain? But I knew in my heart something wasn't right. Now we know, 8 months after the Embolization that 2 of the steel coils have gone missing. They think that they dislodged 24 hours later when was hospitalized for pain, feeling like I was burning on the inside of my veins. So my journey continues as the doctors now begin the process of finding the missing coils somewhere in my venous system. We just pray that where they are they are stuck and no longer mobile as that would mean I was at risk for a fatal embolism (if they lodge in the lungs, heart or brain). Every part of the journey taught me something and I can honestly say I have no regrets. I am blessed to be where I am now with a family that I love, and hope that more answers will come.

Blessings
Unread 07-14-2005, 11:13 AM

Blessings,
I'm happy to hear you finally recieved some answers to your questions.
it can be so perplexing that it gets the best of us.
You sound like a very loving woman and that you adore your children and family. I'm glad to see that you're healthy once again to spend that much needed time with them.
it does take energy and if we're ill, it can get in the way of our performance as a mother or a life long partner to our significant other. they need us well.
good luck on your recovery.
Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register