Hair changes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-19-2005, 01:54 AM
Hair changes

Anyone notice changes in their hair since surgery? Mine now has a oily spot at the crown of my head. Shampooing is not helping. I use Estrogel. My hair is usually dry, due to dying it. I have even tried my DH shampoo for oily hair, nothing is working, HELP. It looks like I missed this spot and forgot to wash it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2005, 04:23 AM
Hair changes

Hi, I am having the oppisite problem. My hair seems to be more dried out and looks like an old straw broom.
I think it just depends on our body oils. Sorry I cant help, Im sure someone else will be able too....Best Wishes,
Unread 12-19-2005, 05:49 AM
Hair changes

Hi mine gone greasy i use to be able to wash my hair once a wk now three days and it needs washing i did think that it was when i was lying down a lot but it's still happening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Hair changes

Ok I am going to see if I can help you guys. I am a hairstylist so here are my thoughts. When you have surgery your body changes. My best advice is to not only change what kind but brand of shampoo you are using. For whatever reason you hair can change and a shampoo you have been using for years will suddenly make your hair greasy. I am a Redken girl so for oily hair I would suggest Redken Solve and for really dry hair I would use Redken All Soft. Those are just my favorites but what works for one will not work for all. I hope you both find what you need. The other thing I would tell you to do is ask your stylist since she or he would be the one that knows your hair could give you some good advice.

hugs
Angie
Unread 01-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Hair changes

My hair has also always been on the dry side my entire life. Thick and course like horse hair. Now, all of the sudden, it's greasy on the top of my head. I washed it twice today and blew it completely dry and it was still greasy. This is weird, but I suspected it had to do with my hormones, and now that I've found this thread, I'm convinced.

Guess I'll start googling "greasy hair menopause"
Unread 01-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Hair changes

Hi! My 12 yr old daughter who just started her period now has the exact same problem of the greasy hair in the crown area only. Our stylist recommended a clarifying shampoo, any brand should do as it just needs to be a good de-greaser, she also said ten-o-six by neutrogina (sp looks wrong) is a good one to use for a week and then try the old shampoo again. I'm so dry after my surgery, I've added extra conditioners. I've also noticed my leg hair doesn't grow as fast anymore (YEAH!). My face is really breaking out though? Anyone else have that problem? The nurse said it is most likely alot of the junk that my body was holding in for years coming out. Like extra water retention.

Guess our hormones wether our own or replacements give us all stuff to rethink and refigure.

Stacy/doll doc TAH-BSO-Climara .05 massive ovarian cysts, enlarged uterus, uterus attached to bladder and inflammed cervix
Unread 01-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Hair changes

My hair and skin changed as well. My hair has been falling out (thankfully, I have lots) and gotten oily at my scalp and dry at the ends. What I did was go into my hairdresser and got a new haircut (she layered it to get rid of some of the dry junk). Then she also started me on a new shampoo, condition and hair gel from Matrix. So far, so good. One cool thing, I all of a sudden have curly hair!

My skin is another thing. Breaking out at 36 really stinks. My 13 year old daughter and I are trying some different things to try and clear our skin up. Hopefully we find something soon!
Unread 01-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Hair changes

yea well...AT 34 MY RED HAIR IS TURNING GRAY!
coulda been the stress from the surgery and cancer scare!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register