pretty sure anticipation is the worst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pretty sure anticipation is the worst pretty sure anticipation is the worst

Unread 01-01-2002, 05:50 PM
pretty sure anticipation is the worst

I'm seeing Kaatie's best wishes posts and Jan 7 is edging closer and closer!!! Not starting to freak yet but I probably will in a couple days. Definately I think the worst part will be anticipation. I am not worried about post op pain or any of that. When I had the gallbladder surgery a few months back I think the worse part of the whole experience was getting up on that OR table (and it reminds me of Jesus being crucified the way we lie there with our arms out!!!!!!) It was cold, and I kept scanning all the sterile instruments they would be using!!!!!!
The staff are fantastic though, and I think a rule of thumb for me this time will be to focus on the nurses faces, not the instuments that will be used!!
Whatever he put in my IV to relax me worked though, and small talk with the nurses helped calm the nerves somewhat.
I requested the same relaxing meds this time too! Just trying to convince myself here, now that it's only less than a week away.
Happy New Year everyone by the way. Looking forward to a uterusless new year!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2002, 05:59 PM
pretty sure anticipation is the worst

I know just what you mean! I tried not to look at the "equipment"...the nurses seemed to sense that, and made sure that we were engaged in very comforting small talk. I told them I was terrified, and they held me hand and told me they would take very good care of me....it really helped.

You are soo right...this is the worst part...everything that follows is very managable! You'll be fine, and until then, just hang here with us and we'll get you through the next few days.

s

Karen
Unread 01-01-2002, 06:00 PM
Hi mj64!

Yes the waiting is always the hardest part. With the pain etc. we can take something or use a heating pad but with time there is nothing you can do. Hope your surgery goes as well this time and it should if you are requesting the same meds. If you feel comfortable then things will usually go great. Remember we are always here you on. God Bless and my are going up for you. Here are a few cyber and for comfort. Use as needed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register