Why? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Why?

I also think you need to talk to your dr and let them know how you are feeling. I hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Why?

I did mention it to my dr when she called yesterday. She asked me what i wanted her to do. I said that I didn't know.
Unread 05-12-2007, 02:29 AM
Why?

You're supposed to diagnose yourself! She's supposed to be the doctor, not you....honestly! It sounds to me like you need to see another doctor about this. What about your GYN who did your surgery. Do you go back soon for a post op checkup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2007, 02:48 AM
Why?

I go back two weeks from yesterday.
Unread 05-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilterperson
I did mention it to my dr when she called yesterday. She asked me what i wanted her to do. I said that I didn't know.
I'm so sorry all of this is happening to you. I think perhaps the GP was asking what course of action you would like to take. Maybe she can give you a referral to see someone like a therapist? They can help by listening to you and being objective. She could have also been asking you if you wanted her to get in contact with your gyn to review your records or at least ask why the versed was given. Drs can be so vague.
It is my understanding that I too was given versed. The anaesthetist explained that it would help relax me before general anastetia. It also helps keep you relaxed during recovery, but does make you forget the ugliness of the first few moments after surgery. I honestly believe that they do this for your comfort.
I'm so sorry this makes you feel so anxious and upset. Please speak with your gyn and tell her how upset you have been. I bet he/she can explain everything.
We're always here if you need to talk.
Unread 05-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Why?

I'm sure that it was done for my own good. I have tried for months to explain how I felt about things without upsetting anyone. This OBGYN did not understand, but he did understand how stressed I was so he made coming home the same day a priority. He also mentioned that with most women he would mention bladder slings, etc. but that he didn't think that I would do well with them since it would mean a longer stay.

They tried to do their best, and perhaps versed was what I should have taken all along. I just wish that someone would try to understand why it scares me so much and at least tell me exactly what went on during those lost minutes. It looks like I fought them. Was it because of going into deeper anesthesia, or was it mor than that?

I didn't cry last night, so that is an improvement.
me
Unread 05-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Why?

You should request a copy of your surgery report. It will tell you what took place in the operating room.
Unread 05-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Why?

quilterperson - Just to let you know my thoughts are with you.
Unread 05-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Why?

I think that I will call tomorrow for the surgery records. Would I request these from the surgeon (obgyn) or the hospital?

I would like to talk to the surgeon, but I don't know if he will talk to me over the phone.

I need to ask him what happened after the versed was administered.

Why my stomach is still getting larger

And, what to do wince no bm since before surgery

Kathy
Unread 05-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Why?

I think requesting your surgical records is a great idea.
I hope this will ease some of your fears and anxiety.
Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register