CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

Unread 01-07-2009, 10:27 PM
CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

I will remember it for being the year that a lot of major political changes happened. The year that I took control of the things around me I didn't like and told everyone just how I felt instead of being a quiet mouse. I am happier than ever.

Hope 2009 is the best year yet for everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

I will remember it by having 2 surgeries in less than 6 weeks. Also, I will remember the wonderful time my dh and I had in Las Vegas to celebrate his birthday and my 40th )6mths. later than planned. We saw Mama Mia, Neil Diamond, and Davy Jones from the Monkeys. ALso, we saw the Mentalist. We were in Vegas for Christmas and New year's. We were on Fremont Street for New Year's Eve.
I will never forget where I was on my 40th because I was in the hospital recovering from gall bladder surgery that was an emergency surgery. The dr would not let me wait a week. I saw the dr one day and was on the operating table the next day.
Unread 01-09-2009, 03:25 AM
I will remember 2008 as the year I took my life back.

I had my ovaries out which completed my hysterectomy. My hot flashes; mood swings; and pain finally went away. Now my children have a new mom: one that is not always in pain.

I learned that if a doctor doesn't take you serious; find another one. It's okay to get more than one diagnosis.

I learned that husbands really can't handle it when they see you in pain; and that's why sometimes they are not there for you. They just don't know what to do.

I no longer hold things in until I break down, and it is okay to cry for no apparent reason.

Hystersisters helped me so many times over the last 5 years on my journey. Thanks very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2009, 03:54 AM

2008, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

My mother had her 3rd brain bleed, Thank God no damage
My dauchsaund developed diabetes and went blind
I was in so much pain until I had my surgery

BUT.... I celebrated my 50th B-day pain free
I went on my first cruise
My son came home from Iraq
in time for Christmas Eve dinner.

Here's hoping that 2009 is a better year for everyone
Unread 01-09-2009, 02:49 PM

I will remember 2008 as the year of Hurricane Ike. We thought we were safe, living far enough away from the coast. Little did we know how far reaching Ike's wrath would be. It will also be remembered as the year we all pulled together to save what we could and to clean up the damage. We were prepared with supplies and windows boarded up, I will make sure that we are always prepared in the future.
Unread 01-09-2009, 05:37 PM

I will also remember 2008 as the year I almost lost my 24yr old DS to drug addiction/overdose...he has been clean since April and hopefully it was his wake-up call
Unread 01-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Smile - CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! How I will remember 2008

I will remember 2008 as THE YEAR OF LOVE!!! and
finally getting the long-pondered-over, much needed hysterectomy. But its not just the hysterectomy I will remember so much as the people that I (some of them) had'nt seen in forever, come to my home and bring me meals, hugs, love, gits etc, etc. It was overwhelming. My husband took very good care of me, but it would not have been the same without everyone that came to see US. The love started on day one. The day I was released from the hosptial, my brother-in-law snowblowed our driveway before we got home (we had an enourmous snow storm while I was in surgery!) and my mother-in-law had a hot meal waiting. HINT: LET EVERYONE KNOW YOU ARE HAVING A HYSTERECTOMY BEFORE YOU GO INTO THE HOSPITAL!!
Unread 01-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Wow, what a loaded question. How will I remember 2008. I had alot to be thankful for. First was my Mother survived a stroke and double by-pass surgery. I survived Gustav (wont stick around for another one). My Best friend lost her home in Gustav and then she lost her son 4 days later. But most of all I remember that everyday is a blessing. Here is to a great 2009
Unread 01-11-2009, 05:38 PM

2008 was the year my father was airlifted to a hospital 125 miles away because the local hospital could not stabilize him. Although he was released after 3 days, he died suddenly 2 months later.

It was the year I began going out of town every other weekend to spend time with my mom who was devastated about losing my dad. (I still see her every other weekend.)

It was the year I didn't tell my mom about my hysterectomy surgery because she was grieving so badly. Told her when I was 3 weeks post-op when I could finally visit her again.

It was the year I discovered "HysterSisters", the week of my surgery when I found myself at home with no post-op support from my family.

It was the year I couldn't sit without major pain for 3 months following my surgery.

It was the year I finally (thankfully) had no more "bathroom" issues due to the (wonderful) repairs at the time of the hysterectomy.

It was the year my DD married a man who can't keep a job and with whom she will most likely have a difficult time, always.

It was the year my "old colored" hair finally grew out completely, leaving me with great silver/white hair. :roll2:
Unread 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM

I will remember 2008 as a blur...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register