please help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-16-2002, 02:44 PM
please help

Hello i am new too...i am having my surgry on 12-10-02..i am needing some help on how to set up my room...w/basics. I plan to have Christmas lights, and many beanies around ( im a collectors) but i need some ideas on what i will need right there i am afarid i will be home alone alot. i am trying to get my neighbor to help me with meals for a few days....i will also prepare and freeze meals as well. can some one help me with ideas for room...i do have a tv and i also have a cat and a shih tzu who will kept me company from time to time..i too am nervous about this whole thing, but ready for the event!!

looking forward to everyones help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2002, 02:51 PM
please help

I would have the following close by:
Pain pills
Cough Drops (it hurts to cough with an incesion)
juices/water
pillows to prop up with- and on tummy
it helps to keep a pillow at the bend of your knees to relieve pulling the incesion
Have stool softeners on hand (you dont want to get constipated)
remote- maganzines- anything to keep your mind occupied
Pads- In case you bleed
PHONE with all #'s you may need

Plan to rest ALOT-

runabout
(lynne)
Unread 11-16-2002, 02:56 PM
please help

Hi Heather
Be sure to check out the pulldown menus on the home page for ideas on this topic too ...

Meanwhile ... things to have close at hand ... the TV remote and the TV guide magazines, ice water, kleenex, pain medicine.

Don't let the animals jump on your swelly belly

It would be great if your neighbor could help with meals. Otherwise your idea of preparing and freezing things is great. That way meal preparation will be simple for you. You also might like to have herbal tea on hand and a variety of juices.

This is a great question and I'm sure you'll get plenty of other suggestions. Hang in there during these last few weeks.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2002, 02:56 PM
thanks

I am so nervous and i am planning this early to make sure that i have all my ducks in a row when i come home...i am glad to have such a great club to come to for support. ) thanks again

ms_beanie_queenie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register