headache and bleeding 12 days after | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

headache and bleeding 12 days after headache and bleeding 12 days after

Unread 12-12-2011, 07:42 AM
headache and bleeding 12 days after

Goodmorning Ladies
I have had a headache for 3 days and yesterday I started bleeding. I of course had the uterus removed and 1 ovary. Is this normal. I also have back pain. I don't feel as well as some of the posts I read. I am also afraid my Doc is going to release to go back to work after my follow up visit this week and I do not feel quite ready yet. What can I do?
Thank you all again sister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Re: headache and bleeding 12 days after

foreveryoung121

Some bleeding post-op can be normal, especially if it is lighter in color. As a general rule, you should call your doctor if it is bright red. If it is darker, older blood, it could be the start of your stitches dissolving. This bleeding can last days or even weeks.

As far as your headache, with so many hormonal changes after surgery, this happens to many women as well. If you cannot find relief with otc medications, perhaps a call to your doctor will give you some answers.

Don't worry about other posts that you have read. Healing after surgery is such an individual experience. You are smart to listen to your own body. If it tells you that you are not ready for work, then you are not ready.

Take care!
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:22 AM

First of all, remember that everyone is different and we all heal at different paces. It isn't a race, so please don't feel like you need to push yourself to be where some others are. As far as the headaches. I did not experience those, but I have read on here that a number of women have. It seems to me that it could be hormone related. You might want to put a call in to your just to make sure.

The bleeding is normal as long as it isn't profuse bleeding. My doctor warned that if it looks like a heavy period, I needed to be seen. So, if you are spotting or having light bleeding, it is considered normal. Just try to take it as easy as possible. It is unfortunately a part of the healing process for some. If you feel it is heavy bleeding, it would be a great idea to call your doctor just to make sure you aren't having some sort of complication.

It is also normal for you body to have aches and pains. You are not as active as I'm sure you were before surgery. Walking helps with that. Not speed walking or anything. In the early days of my recovery, I would just make sure I walked from my front door to my back door in my house multiple times a day. As I began to feel better, I would increase the amount of walking I was doing and it really helped with the stiffness and soreness I had in my back and legs.

Just makes sure that your doctor knows that you don't quite feel ready to return to work. He/she should work with you on that. You don't want to go back too soon and then have to miss more time later because you weren't allowed enough time to heal.

Again, it sounds like most of what you are going through sounds normal, but always call your doctor if you are really concerned. It is ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry.

Take care and to you. I hope you are feeling better fast!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2011, 01:48 PM

Thank you sisters, I called the Doc and he wanted to see me. He did a ultra sound that was ok and he put some kind of adhesive up there. i guess I tore a stich or something. At least it did not require surgery just vaginally. That caused some cramping. I see him again jan 3rd so he did not release me yet. That is a huge stress off my mind as I would have had to travel for the job and I am not ready for that. Merry Christmas all your sister
Unread 12-12-2011, 01:51 PM

Glad to know you got it checked out and you arent headed back to surgery. Take care of yourself!!
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung121 View Post
Goodmorning Ladies
I have had a headache for 3 days and yesterday I started bleeding. I of course had the uterus removed and 1 ovary. Is this normal. I also have back pain. I don't feel as well as some of the posts I read. I am also afraid my Doc is going to release to go back to work after my follow up visit this week and I do not feel quite ready yet. What can I do?
Thank you all again sister
I started bleeding again after 14 days and having low back pain. My research tells me it pools up and comes out about then. As long as it isnt bright red and fresh looking. If it is then we could have pulled stiches. Mine isnt. Bleeding is normal first 1-4 weeks. Just tell your dr how you feel and he will listen. Tell him or her why you arent ready for work.
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:40 PM

As for headaches, my doc said they might be rebound headaches from pain meds. I am on day 12 and taking pain meds still, although less frequently. He said they will go away as my body gets rid of the narcotics. Migraine meds like Imitrex help. Talk to your doc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register