Please tell me something positive! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please tell me something positive! Please tell me something positive!

Unread 06-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Please tell me something positive!

This may not be the correct forum, so I hope it does not get moved, I cannot go back to the "disfunction" forum, I need some positive feedback about sex after a total hyster. I am so scared now after reading all the horror stories, I couldn't find anything there except doom and gloom (please, I hope I do not offend anyone) This is just a huge concern of mine and I would like honest positive responses only. I don't know who else to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2005, 02:20 AM
Hang in there sister

I am pulling for you! I have not had my op yet. I am concerned about that issue also. I am married to a great man. I have heard about a cream that you can use to inhance your experience on this site. You can ask your gyno about it. Hopefully you won't be too bashful to ask. I am sure there are other things available for that issue!

I am sorry that you are only getting bad news The thing is to stay positive and informed and be your own advicate. I have found that docs do not speak up about certain things unless you dig and ask!

Hope this helps some?? Hang in there!!

s and positive thoughts your way!!

Take Care, Grey Lover ( : > )=<
Unread 06-12-2005, 05:25 AM

I quit reading that board because it is depressing. However, I do read the post-op board, and most of the ladies there say great things about sex after. I'm keeping myself postive. If I do have dysfunction after my surgery, I'll visit that board. Otherwise, it's better not to know, IMO.

Really, try reading the post-op board. There are a number of posts there about how much better sex is afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2005, 05:47 AM

Jillybeans,

I was also very concerned about how my SAH would effect my sex life...and I am happy to report that it has had NO effect. Everything still works the way it is supposed to (LOL), and my drive is the same. I kept my cervix and right ovary. No HRT needed and I am so thankful and relieved that my sex life is still great...so is my husband.

If your ovaries are removed, your hormone levels may effect your libido, and cause vaginal dryness. From what I have read, getting just the right mix of HRT can dramatically improve things.

Try not to stress over this. I was very concerned because I am young, and let's face it - sex is not something I wanted to risk losing at my stage in life. So, I truly understand your concern.

Take care.
Unread 06-12-2005, 06:07 AM

Hi Jillybeans,

It's been 4 months since my hysterectomy and like many others I had this same concerned. However I'm happy to report that while things take a little longer I'm still able to achieve the big O and I'm finding that I enjoy the intimacy with my hubby more than I have in a long time and I guess that's because I no longer have to worry about aunt flo rearing her ugly head continuously.

Keep positive and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Take care.......Karen
Unread 06-12-2005, 07:14 AM

Hi jillybeans,

While we can't predict how anyone's outcome will be following surgery, please keep in mind that a lot of the posts here are from women who are having problems. There are many, many women who are doing great who don't come back to report that. The ones who are having trouble are reaching out to others here looking for support.

It's good to read the bad as well as the good so you will be fully informed. It's better to be in the know of what all could happen. This is a major surgery and we're all different so there's no cookie-cutter outcome for any of us.

I pray that all goes well with your surgery and that you have a wonderful outcome.

ss and
Unread 06-12-2005, 08:01 AM

Jillybeans,

I'm 9 weeks post TAH/BSO and things have NEVER BEEN BETTER. Amazing how good things can be with no pain from fibroids or cysts.

And Judy, I just wanted you to know that I share your philosophy on chocolate.
Unread 06-12-2005, 10:44 AM

jillybeans,
I am worried too, so I do understand how you are feeling. I too have seen some posts that have caused me to stress but, for the most part it seems that there is either no change in sex or there is an improvement based on most of the things that I have read. I also know many women who have had a total hyst and they say that they wish they had done it years ago. Most of what I am hearing is that everything is better! They feel better physically and emotionally and therefore their sexlife has improved. I have trouble taking my own advice on this as I keep looking at the post-op site and reading some of the problems the princesses are having, but try not to read anything negative. As hard as it is right now during this time of waiting and wondering what if... we don't need to 'borrow trouble'. Stay focused on the positive posts if you can. Again, most of what I have heard is good stuff, so I think that the odds are in our favor! Hang in there sister, it will be alright!
Tracy
Unread 06-12-2005, 11:58 AM

I had a TVH and have NEVER EVER regretted it.My life is soooooooooooo much better now that there is no pain, no clots the size of appricots,so much blood in the toilet that I thought I'd bleed to death before AUnt Flo and her friends decided to leave.
The sexual dysfunction board is for those having problems.NOT all of us have problems.I do feel for those that do though.
The first time my DH and I had sex, I was able to have the big "O". I have been able to achieve it more now that before my Hyster. but, you asked for positive things.
You just have to take it slow and ease into things.Don't expect too much the first time or the first couple of times.........you're still healing inside.
I just wanted you to know, that it CAN be wonderful.
Good luck and I'm sending good thoughts and wishes your way.
Unread 06-12-2005, 12:02 PM

I am 3 weeks post op and can report nothing is wrong with my drive. The next three weeks (waiting for my 6 week mark) will drive me crazy. I have gone ahead with attempting the BIG O - with no problems or pain either.

I agree that everyones experience is different and you need to wait and relax and let things happen naturally.

Sex without pain or bleeding is quite a breath of fresh air!!

Cristine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register