TAH facial acne | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:25 PM
facial acne

Every since I had surgery I have been breaking out with facial acne. I'm getting painful acne bumps in unusual places such as: under nose, on side of nose, on ear lobe, face, side of face, top of forehead, and on top of lip close to nose by nostril. Has anyone else suffered with this? I kept my ovaries, so could this be hormones? Or could this be normal? I never had these symptoms before surgery. Please anyone help????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Re: facial acne

Were you on birth control pills before your TAH? I was, and they were helping to control acne. Now that I no longer take them, I've noticed my face is more oily and I am getting blackheads and whiteheads.

It's also possible that your ovaries are not putting out the same amount of hormones they did before due to the shock of surgery. If that's the case, then it will just take some time for your ovaries to get back online.
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:43 AM
facial acne

No birth control. I had a tubal ligation in 1996. Idk whts going on but these bumps are painful! I think your right about the ovaries waking up and being in shock. Thanks for the info
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziza View Post
Were you on birth control pills before your TAH? I was, and they were helping to control acne. Now that I no longer take them, I've noticed my face is more oily and I am getting blackheads and whiteheads.

It's also possible that your ovaries are not putting out the same amount of hormones they did before due to the shock of surgery. If that's the case, then it will just take some time for your ovaries to get back online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2013, 03:07 PM

I am having bad acne as well...especially on my back. I kept my ovaries, too. I am 9 weeks post op. I am thinking about going to the dermatologist. I won't even get in my swimsuit or wear strapless tops and tanks. Its depressing.
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:45 PM

Add me to the list! I was on BC pills but they didn't do much for acne (low estrogen). Since my TAH (kept one ovary) I've had horrible breakouts on my back and now they've started on my face, and they're painful! I'm going to talk to the dr when I go back for my post-op.
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM

I am having acne too. Kept my ovaries. I feel like I am 14!!!
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:06 PM

I started having acne right after surgery as well. And they are painful and in awkward places on my face as well. My sis-in-law said her dr told her that if she still gets a little breakout shortly before what uses to be that time of the month then that means her ovaries are still working properly. I have noticed my breakouts getting worse each time I get them. Today I am exactly 6 wks post op and I go for my final post op check up tomorrow and this is definitely on my list of questions. Also- I was not on BC pills pre op and only had mild breakouts prior to surgery. I just told my husband last week that I felt like I'm going through puberty with all these breakouts. Which is a problem I didn't even have when I did go through puberty!!!
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:10 AM
facial acne

Girl my face hurts so bad abd these bumps are noticeable its ridiculous.....
:-(
  Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1973 View Post
I am having bad acne as well...especially on my back. I kept my ovaries, too. I am 9 weeks post op. I am thinking about going to the dermatologist. I won't even get in my swimsuit or wear strapless tops and tanks. Its depressing.
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:11 AM
facial acne

This is too disguisting. Get rid of one problem to gain another one. I never had a problem with acne. Ugh!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by shivette View Post
Add me to the list! I was on BC pills but they didn't do much for acne (low estrogen). Since my TAH (kept one ovary) I've had horrible breakouts on my back and now they've started on my face, and they're painful! I'm going to talk to the dr when I go back for my post-op.
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:12 AM
facial acne

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTulip View Post
I am having acne too. Kept my ovaries. I feel like I am 14!!!
Ikr! Lol. I gave away maxi pads to buy acne cream! Omg!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register