My body has a terrible sense of humor..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My body has a terrible sense of humor..... My body has a terrible sense of humor.....

Unread 10-24-2005, 04:08 PM
My body has a terrible sense of humor.....

I was looking forward to celebrating my very last period....but oh boy is this one going to be a doozy...I am hurting worse than I think I ever have......I guess the ole "flo" wants to go out with a bang!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2005, 04:16 PM

Texmo,

If you are like me, it is just your body saying.....ITS TIME to get that thing out.

I had a TAH on 9/19/05.

Did not miss Aunt Flo one bit last month!!!!!

Glad it is all over with!!!!

Best wishes w/your surgery.

Sweet Pea in SC
TAH w/BSO. Giant fibroid uterus weighing 1238 gms. Endo and adeno found. Vertical incision.
Unread 10-24-2005, 10:13 PM

Stress has a way of doing that to you -- it alters everything going on. Many sisters are like you -- their last period is among the worst or the worst they've ever had. Others say their last period was like their body saying, "See, it isn't so bad."

I was in the second camp. My final period was downright normal... but I was not fooled.

I hope this surgery marks the end of your troubles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2005, 10:30 PM

I don't know what my body was trying to tell me...but I started my final period in the airport while trying to catch a plane home for thanksgiving !

I think it was saying..."See, I'm just a pain in the a** and you'll be glad when I'm gone ! "
Unread 10-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Agrees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd2491
Stress has a way of doing that to you -- it alters everything going on. Many sisters are like you -- their last period is among the worst or the worst they've ever had. Others say their last period was like their body saying, "See, it isn't so bad."

I was in the second camp. My final period was downright normal... but I was not fooled.

I hope this surgery marks the end of your troubles.
I read that thread and I was thinking the exact same thing not since i have been sick because thats a never ending bleeding but before it seemed like whenever I truley got stressed out I was sure to start mine it didn't even matter if I already had had it a week before so I would just like to say that I totaly agree with mjd2491 !!! xoxoxo
Unread 10-24-2005, 11:06 PM

I guess I am glad that this visit from Aunt Flow has been a doozy, it is just re-confirming to me that it is time to get the uterus out of me! I guess I am truly grateful that this time has been so bad, because I kept second-guessing myself, so now it is settled, and I can hardly wait to get it over with! ~Bearah01 :
Unread 10-24-2005, 11:10 PM

Yeah I bet, see somethings have a way of working out to show you whats meant to be.. I'm happy you found your sign to help confirm whats best for yourself !! sorry to hear that your not feeling well with it tho sending you lots of hugs xoxoxo
Unread 10-24-2005, 11:52 PM

Thanks for the reply, and the hugs, I appreciate all the support! ~Bearah01
Unread 10-24-2005, 11:55 PM

Ok. Ladies, I have a question...I just looked at my preop info & I am not to have any asprin, ibroprophin (sp?), ect. for 10 days prior. I have had aunt flo for every big occasion of my life...my wedding day, every holiday, every vacation. So, I pretty sure it will come within those 10 days. How will I be able to handle the pain without the meds?
Thanks,
Trishia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register