Still at Hospital Surgery was today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still at Hospital Surgery was today Still at Hospital Surgery was today

Unread 11-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Still at Hospital Surgery was today

I had my surgery today. I am having lots of cramping and soreness and a sharp pinch here or there probably from the catheter at my urethral opening and probably the corner staple on my right side. I do not have a pump for medication. I get a shot in my IV every 3 Hours and I just got it and sight is double vision so I am going to for now and I'll go into more detail of all of later on post op..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 09:16 PM

dog_lover 64,

How's things going? Are you able to get up and walk yet? Are you in a great deal of pain? How many days are you going to have to stay in the hospital? Asking alot of questions b/c I'm scheduled for surgery Nov. 29, 2007 and I want to be prepared.

God bless you,
Greater07
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:42 PM

I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. I am suprised you're on the computer already. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM

Dog_lover64,

Thank you for sharing how you're feeling the very same day as surgery, WOW ! Lots of ' s sent your way. Take care!

Heather
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:00 AM

Congratulations and Welcome to "The Other Side"!!!

Take care and get well.......get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids.

Let us know how you're doing later!

Christine
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:34 AM

thanks for sharing your experiences live so to speak. Hope your recovery goes well. take it easy.
Unread 11-16-2007, 07:01 AM

Wow, about all I managed to do the day of my surgery was to sleep

Take care, remember that as a brand new princess, you need lots of rest. Enjoy all the pampering that you can get. Take slow easy walks, and rest, rest, rest.

Best wishes, see you in post-op when you feel up to it.

S
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greater07
dog_lover 64,

How's things going? Are you able to get up and walk yet? Are you in a great deal of pain? How many days are you going to have to stay in the hospital? Asking alot of questions b/c I'm scheduled for surgery Nov. 29, 2007 and I want to be prepared.

God bless you,
Greater07
I did not walk at all yesterday. I had a lot of pelvic floor repairs and had a spinal and it is just wearing off today. Pain management has been good. I have not had a pump, but get an injection every 3 hours for pain. Abdominal incision is constantly being bathed by a local through two tubes that are at the site and then there is a bulb filled with the solution and it is attached to my nightgown. I will be in the hospital a total of 2 days, as I go home tomorrow. I have walked to the bathroom 4 times now and it is pretty tough getting up out of bed and walking. My first trip up I was very weak and dizzy and had to hold on to the nurse the whole time. My nurse has not given me my pain meds and it is over the 3 hour mark so I am starting to hurt. Since I really haven't been without the meds, or the spinal or the local on the abdomen, I am not sure how it will be to just be on pain pills.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register