Whoa! killer gas pains | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whoa! killer gas pains Whoa! killer gas pains

Unread 07-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Whoa! killer gas pains

OK, my recovery would be much more tolerable without the gas pain. Trying to eat mildly for this reason. But whoa, baby. When the gas goes through, yipes...I'm holding on to furniture and trying not to scream. Sometimes I'll toot, or not. I've had bowel movements that don't hurt, it is all the "waves" of gas pain that is unbearable. Anyone else going through this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Whoa! killer gas pains

I had forgotten about those! You can feel the gas traveling. Ouch!

I never thought to have some type of gas relieving stuff on hand after surgery. But I have read on here that's what a lot of sister's have used.
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:06 PM
Gas X is my Friend!

Take 2 Gas X with your meals, no more than 4 tabs a day. I took them with Breakfast about 10 am and with Dinner. Seemed to work. Good Luck, it does get easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Whoa! killer gas pains

I had them as well, and feeling the waves, traveling, etc. I had some oval pills that a friend gave me, but, they didn't help very much...then I read a post about the Gas X and it quickly became a must have. I did everything they told me to at the castle, was up right away and walking, walking, but, still had massive pains. Sometimes, I would be walking and had to sit down and let the cramps go away - but, the one thing all the sister here seem to suggest is the walking - and it DID lesson and get better quickly for me.
Unread 08-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Whoa! killer gas pains

My Lord, if only they'd told me in advance about the gas pains!!! My second day post op, I screamed for my husband to jerk me up out of the bed - I thought I was having a heart attack: pain and pressure under my diaphragm and lungs and I couldn't breathe without terrible pain, I was sweating, pain radiating to my back. I called for my nurse who was basically no help, told me to "keep walking," which also didn't help (I think I logged over 100 laps around the unit, and never pooted once.)

Came home, and could feel the gas (and solids) moving through my intestines, which was a new experience and very painful. I started wearing my binder more, took Senokot three times a day until things got "rolling," and just recently got into our pool which seems to have helped things immensely (although I'm not sure if it was entirely safe to do so.) I think the pressure of the water has helped "things" move back into place.

These new sensations that I'm aware of in my intestines and bladder are extremely uncomfortable and somewhat painful, but they seem to be getting better.....hope you feel better soon!!
Unread 08-02-2007, 05:55 AM
Whoa! killer gas pains

"Feels like passing bricks" That was the only way I could describe it to hubby. This too shall pass though! But it's normal!
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:33 AM
Whoa! killer gas pains

i think my pain after my surgery was mostly gas. i couldnt eat. stayed in the hospital for 48 hours on morphine and was only released when i ate a few eggs and had a cup of coffee. i didnt have gas-x but wish i did. you can try that. hope it gets better for you soon..eat lightly.
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Whoa! killer gas pains

The gas pains were the worst -- sitting right around my rib cage. I could feel the bubbles sitting there and I too was screaming in pain. Walking around helped, and so did sitting upright. The good news is that it went away after 2-3 days.
Unread 08-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Whoa! killer gas pains

I know this pain for me is mostly caused by gas as well. It is crazy. The first time I got out of bed DH helped me but the gas that game threw me nearly made me pass out. It knocked me right back into bed, it was that bad. Of course he freaked out
I am taking my generic gas x and I can have 6 a day.
Also my massage lady said she would come over for free to help get the gas out! I am trying to decide if I want her in my house. If it doesn't get better then I may invite her over.
I am still waiting for first BM. After yogurt and berries I will have some dried prunes. They are so yummy.
Unread 08-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Whoa! killer gas pains

Ahh yes - prunes - a constipated girl's best friend. Get the massage girl over !!! why not?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register