I want sweets!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want sweets!! I want sweets!!

Unread 03-02-2010, 07:44 PM
I want sweets!!

Anyone else craving sweets?

I'm not normally a big sweet eater - only right before that "time of the month".

Please don't tell me my hormones are going to be stuck at this phase forever!

It just occured to me - my legs used to swell right before "that time of the month" too and have been swelling -

Please don't tell me this is my future??

arrgghhhhh!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Re: I want sweets!!

I don't know for sure, but I know I've been sweet craving too, and I think it's because our hormones are all jumbled right now. Hopefully it straightens up.
Unread 03-03-2010, 12:53 PM

Hey, histerlider. Get yourself a big box of good chocolate, and eat to your heart's content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:17 AM

I have been wanting cinniman (spelling?) donuts. Did you keep your overies. As they could be still on monthly cycle. Hugs
Unread 03-06-2010, 03:21 PM

Careful - if you had antibiotics, you could be developing a yeast imbalance, which could lead you to crave sweets (which feed the yeast). I've been eating yoghurt with probiotics since the day of the surgery, and minimizing sugars, and so far so good... last thing I need is a yeast infection. I also had to be on antibiotics the week before to deal with bronchitis.
Unread 03-06-2010, 03:28 PM

I've been the exact opposite. Normally I have a VERY sweet tooth. (Icing is my favorite part of cake.) My first meals in the hospital, I couldn't stand the sweet things and I still don't have my normal desire for sweets. This is a very good thing for me as I could stand to lose weight.
Unread 03-06-2010, 07:58 PM

I have had an aversion to sweets as well. Hey, no skin off my back... I'd prefer it shrinks, lol!
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:17 PM

still craving sweets here - bored maybe? I'm still voting for hormone changes, but have no proof.

I keep going back and forth from salty to sweet - but way more sweet! So unlike me.

Only thing I can say is if I've gained weight - IT'S MY OWN FAULT!!!
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:24 PM

I am craving things I never ate before.....like my whole palate has changed. I am eyeing up chocolate (which I have always hated) and I want fruit (which I rarely eat) and I wanted a few sips of a milk shake...I havent had a milk shake since 1982 and I havent drank milk since Kindergarten and I am 51 yrs old. My daughter said "MOTHER!" in the store when I was looking at candy.....now the true test...I am a vegetarian since I was a child...if I start wanting meat, SOMETHING HAPPENED IN SURGERY!!!
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:50 PM

Thanks MsPack98 -
I feel so much better that someone else is having a change in food preferences.

I don't like chocolate either - and found 2 (really old) mini candy bars in my kitchen last night that someone gave me.

I was ecstatic and I ate them (After I managed to peel them off the paper they were stuck to)

I've been drinking milk too!! oooh - a milkshake sounds good too!

What did they do to me??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register