vaginal sonno hysterogram scheduled tomorrow (my first post) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal sonno hysterogram scheduled tomorrow (my first post) vaginal sonno hysterogram scheduled tomorrow (my first post)

Unread 12-19-2001, 11:39 AM
vaginal sonno hysterogram scheduled tomorrow (my first post)

My doctor thinks I need a hysterectomy but gave me an option to have this internal sonnogram where they shoot saline dye up into the uterus and view it. I went ahead and scheduled the hyster for the following Thursday as my insurance is better in 2001 so it looks like holidays in the castle.

Has anybody had this kind of sonnogram before?

I've been bleeding since Sept 11, had a DC and hysterogram but it didn't stop the bleeding, went on the pill, been taking 2+ a day, stopped bleeding for 7 days only, now I'm only spotting (after 4 packs of nonstop bc pills).

The thing is I don't have the pain that all of you talk about. Bleeding is a nuisance but I'm not in pain. What do you think about that?

One more thing, I do have big bloating often during the month where my gut is hard as rock and I look/feel 11 months preg. Uncomfortable bloating.

My doctor is great, the best, and conservative. My charts note since '95 endometriosis suspected.

This is my first post, Please write back, need encouragement and answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2001, 12:50 PM
Hi and welcome to hystersisters!

dlr Sweety haven't had one of those I only had a ultrasound. I can imagine all that bleeding has not been good for you. Sounds like you are right to schedule a hyst. because that may be your only option. There are a lot of post and some dealing with just about anything you can name so keep reading and go to the pull down menus at the bottom and type in what ever you need to know about some one may have posted. Here are some , , and keep on posting. Someone else may be a little more help for you. God Bless.
Unread 12-19-2001, 05:18 PM

dlr. Nice to have you with us.

I didn't have pain before hyst. either...but had lots of heavy bleeding, etc. I had fibroid on uterus, cysts on both ovaries and had problems with cervix for years which caused bleeding after sex. Hence my tah/bso March 2000.

I didn't have the test you're having...just had ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound. When my dr. suggested hyst. I was scared..but I'm so glad I went ahead with it.

Keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2001, 05:29 PM

Hi dlr!

I had this test prior to my hyst. It was painless. They put a very small cath into the uterus via the cervix and shoot saline in there and then mine put a transvaginal probe in the vagina to take the sonogram. The saline expands or moves parts of the uterus to allow for better viewing as I understood it.

We all have a range of symptoms that have led us to our hysts. Some painful and some not. Just because it doesn't hurt, doesn't mean you don't need treatment....and a hyst may be just one of your options! Hopefully this test will give you a better idea of what is going on inside and you will be able to make a decision on what's best for you! Good Luck!
Unread 12-19-2001, 06:54 PM

Hi and welcome! What did your doc say the source of your bleeding is or could he tell? I had a hysteroscopy and D&C for heavy bleeding and my doc found a polyp, which was sent to pathology along with endometrial cells and came back precancer. I only ask because I would imagine there is a reason for your bleeding this much and that is why he wants you to have a hyst.

I did not have the test you are talking about, but I'm sure it will help your doc in seeing what is wrong. I really did not have pain either. My problem was heavy bleeding for 4 months just as you have. After my D&C I bled even worse. When my doc got in during surgery he found 2 intramural fibroids and a subserosal fibroid all not that large, but from what I'm told they don't have to be to cause bleeding. I believe the intramural fibroids cause alot of bleeding.

Didn't mean to carry on, but everyone who has had a hyst has not been in awful pain and some are. It just depends. So check out your choices. It's always good to know what your options are. Discuss all of this with your doc.

I'm glad you found us!!

Sherry
Unread 12-19-2001, 07:13 PM

I had the sono-hysterogram and it was uncomfortable, but not terribly painful. Mostly a little cramping. Also, it feels strange when the liquid drains out. They did find some polyps when they did mine, so it is a valuable diagnosing tool.
Unread 12-20-2001, 12:44 PM

I had the procedure done this morning and I am glad that I opted for it. It showed that I have an enlarged uterus and a tumor/fibroid/something in there. My doctor has suggested that I not do the hyst but he will surgically remove the problem and thinks that will stop the bleeding, the source of my problem.

I'm 42, and he says if I can hold on 'till I'm 48, I'm probably home free and get to keep my uterus so I said o.k. I'm scheduled for surgery next Thursday and I don't get to stay all night. It probably sounds funny but I was looking forward to a night away. Wow that does sound lame. (it's the clean, prepared food atmosphere with others serving me that I thought sounded good)
Unread 12-20-2001, 12:46 PM

I had the procedure done this morning and I am glad that I opted for it. It showed that I have an enlarged uterus and a tumor/fibroid/something in there. My doctor has suggested that I not do the hyst but he will surgically remove the problem and thinks that will stop the bleeding, the source of my problem.

I'm 42, and he says if I can hold on 'till I'm 48, I'm probably home free and get to keep my uterus so I said o.k. I'm scheduled for surgery next Thursday and I don't get to stay all night. It probably sounds funny but I was looking forward to a night away. Wow that does sound lame. (it's the clean, prepared food atmosphere with others serving me that I thought sounded good)

Thanks to all my sisters who replied. Thanks and Blessings to you all.

dlr
Unread 12-20-2001, 04:12 PM

Hi dlr!

All the best to you on your upcoming surgery. Sounds like you are having a myomectomy?

If you have fibroids, they often start to shrink with the onset of menopause, because it is the estrogen we produce that 'feeds' them.

I hope that this takes care of your problems and that you will be a healthier happier sister!
Unread 12-21-2001, 01:36 PM

I actually understand what you mean about being served and pampered, Dlr! When I think about it now, I wish I had a few more weeks of R&R like that with nothing pressing!

Sherry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register