TAH Post op 4 weeks under pressure to feel normal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op 4 weeks under pressure to feel normal Post op 4 weeks under pressure to feel normal

Unread 06-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Post op 4 weeks under pressure to feel normal

Don't know about any one else but am feeling pressured into feeling normal by everyone around me. Questions like " it's been ages when are you going back to work?" " oh so and so went back to work after 4 weeks" we'll good luck so and so cause I'm still struggling to get up in the mornings and am knackered by the time I've showered and dressed. The thought of going back to work terrifies me.

I still feel pain and had a little bit of bloody discharge yesterday nothing major but still frustrating I cry at the most stupid things and just want to curl up in a ball and sleep if I could sleep that is.

Sorry guys just needed to rant and am feeling better than I was 4 weeks ago just not understanding other people's reactions especially other women unless its a British thing our Stiff upper lip and all that crap

Love to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Re: Post op 4 weeks under pressure to feel normal

Hi Hammer,

Your surgery was one day before mine, but with the time diff between Aus and the UK, more like half a day earlier, and I only had small incisions, compared to your big one, but there is no way I would be going back to work right now. When I don't have doctor's appts I am not getting out of my pj's all day.

So forget about the British stiff upper lip, and you go with your own time line. You are the one who knows how you feel, and tell people to stop comparing you to others!

Unread 06-07-2013, 02:26 AM

Hi Hammer43 I understand what you are saying I am 4weeks post op this coming Monday and cannot sleep at night which I mentioned to my Dr but she wants me to give myself time, I cannot imagine going back to work like this and I only have one more week off. I too have had comments from the girls at work how others were back at work within two weeks or had kids and no support and could run the house within days of their op. Don't worry as everyone is different and I would rather take it easy now and have a trouble free forever than do too much now and pay for it down the track. You are doing the right thing just listen to your body and rest when you need keep away from the negative people in your life at this stage and spend time on the hyster sisters site as you will get a lot of support and can read heaps of threads from ladies all supporting your need to take it easy - good luck lots of hugs to you and all sisters oxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2013, 03:07 AM

Ladies

Thank you so much for your replies it means a lot. We don't have a site like this in the uk and Sisters support has been amazing.

Hugs and Love to all x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register