hemorrhagic cyst and dr says its no big deal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hemorrhagic cyst and dr says its no big deal? hemorrhagic cyst and dr says its no big deal?

Unread 05-26-2011, 12:01 PM
hemorrhagic cyst and dr says its no big deal?

ok, went in for a mri this week the nurse called said its all clear..although i have a cyst and some kinda leasion that may or may not be deep endometreosis??..i called to ask the dr what all this means seeing as the mri was 'clear'..i was told that these type of cysts are no big deal and its not that big and they come and go every month. although thats reasurring and i hope thats what happens in my case,but his solution is for me to go on lupron..i dont want to go on that at all and i have told him that ,my question is should i go see someone else? is he treating my problem with the wrong solution?? i know lupron is designed to shrink endo,but will it help with the cyst? im wondering is that what could be causing some of my right sided pain? i really dont know what to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Re: hemorrhagic cyst and dr says its no big deal?

(((coffelover)))

From the size you shared on another thread, your cyst is very tiny and shouldn't be a big deal. While it might be making things uncomfortable, it probably isn't going to be an issue. As I mentioned, mine was much larger and completely resolved on its own with no medical or pharmaceutical intervention of any kind.

I am guessing the doctor is offering you Lupron not so much for the cyst but because of the overall symptoms you have been having and the lesion that may or may not be endometriosis. If the Lupron offers you symptom relief, then the doctor will assume the problem is endometriosis and you could consider other options including surgery. If the Lupron does not offer symptom relief, the doctor may decide endometriosis is not at the root of your problems and you should consider another diagnosis.

If you are not comfortable with this doctor, by all means seek another opinion. Because your pain is in your hip area and affecting your leg, you could consider seeing a neurologist to see if there is a nerve issue or possibly an orthopedic doctor. A chiropractor may even be able to help. You can also go back to your GP for advice.

Unread 05-26-2011, 12:30 PM

I don't blame you for not wanting to go on Lupron. But as I'm sure you know, the only way to diagnose endo is to go in and look. So I'm sure he's treating your symptoms with the best guess he can make without cutting you open.

I personally still would get a second opinion, just because I hate taking hormones. Get the copies of your mri results and take them to another doc. See if he comes up with another idea. Other docs may have seem something like that before and may have a better idea of where to start.

As for the cyst, I wouldn't worry. They do come and go every month. Good luck!
Unread 05-28-2011, 01:34 PM

I am so sorry to hear all that you are dealing with! I was on lupron for 6 months & had a terrible time w/ it. It doesn't "cure" endometriosis either, mine came back as soon as my period returned. If you are not feeling confidence in your doctor, please consider finding another that seems to address your concerns more completely....better explanations for what and why she is suggesting. Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register