from castle date forward | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

from castle date forward from castle date forward

Unread 09-25-2004, 06:19 PM
from castle date forward

Is anyone else thinking of making a major life change after their hyster? I had been working with a doctor to regulate my insulin and lose a considerable amount of weight, but with the pain becoming too intense, that got left at the wayside in favor of surviving the pain and bleeding. I am thinking that during recovery would be the perfect time to start fresh, eating healthy, exercising (as allowed, of course), etc.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2004, 07:35 PM
from castle date forward

I think it is a wonderful idea! I have made the same decision. I was too wrapped up in planning my life around bleeding and not really taking the best of care of myself before my surgery. I am now trying to make 'lifestyle' changes for the good of my physical and mental health.

I wish you all the best!

Deb
Unread 09-25-2004, 11:01 PM
from castle date forward

This is a time for healing in more ways then one. I feel so much better then I have for a very long time. I have the energy to build on my new found sense of well being and I'm doing really well with building a balanced program for a healthier life style.

I thought that how I would feel after surgery, would be more a state of mind. But it became very clear by the 3rd week post-op that I felt better physically. I mean like, way better then I had for 4 years.

The one thing to remember is, don't do any kind of change without talking to your doctor. We each heal in our own time and need to listen to what our body is telling us.

Take care and wishing healthy healing fo all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2004, 09:58 PM
from castle date forward

I've needed to look for a new job for a long time, but I've had such a hectic schedule it's been difficult to plan for interviewing without being too obvious at work. SOOOO....I'm counting on being able to do that while I'm on the mend, and plan to have a new job when I'm all better. I hope I never have to go back to the old one...I love what I do (teaching adults), but the private post-secondary school where I teach have come to a parting of the ways on issues of ethics. I hate going to work anymore, because I feel like I'm part of the lie.

ANyway, this is the perfect opportunity, and I'm looking forward to it. Best of luck to all of you in your changes as well!

Grace & peace,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register