examination | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-30-2006, 01:04 PM
examination

Please tell me if it is normal to not have any internal examination at all. I am now at 6 weeks had my check up yesterday and have not had an internal exam at all since the operation?? Now when i think about it it seems kinda strange??
thanks
Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 01:13 PM
examination

I remember some other women saying the same thing, back when I was at 6 weeks. Have you been doing okay? My dr did an internal, but I was also having some pain from what I thought was a urinary tract infection-turned out it was fine, just normal pain from bladder healing. When does your dr want to see you again?
Unread 05-30-2006, 01:16 PM
examination

I waited 3 months before my first appointment back at the hospital. I was quite shocked when I was told my first appointment would be so far away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
examination

I did not have an internal exam either. I had a LSH and the Dr told me I had no internal stitches to check. (She did press around the abdomen).
Not sure if it would be the same with a TAH.
Unread 05-30-2006, 01:45 PM
examination

thanks Everything has been going ok My bladder still feels a lot of pressure but i guess a lot of things are still healing. My family Dr said to come back for mamagram at 50 i am only 46 --thought that was strange and the gyn never said about coming back so i guess i am done there. Now i am feeling like i really don't even know what is going on anymore
as they say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" right??
thanks
laurie
Unread 05-30-2006, 06:26 PM
examination

Hmmm....I am only 41 and I had my 6 week check up today, complete with a "peek" and an internal. Was told to hold off on sex for a few more days, and if things are fine he will see me in a year. He will want to continue to see me yearly. I am glad that I had the exam, it puts my mind at ease.
Unread 05-30-2006, 06:48 PM
examination

hi--I had asked this same question, in a thread a while back, because at my 4 week the doc just glanced at the scar, said I was fine, and come back in a year---that sis not seem right to me, so I asked and got lots of good answers here. Can't find it now but it's something like, "is this right?" and several people answered that no, an internal ought to be done after a TAH and he repairs I had, just to check the stitches and cuff for proper healing. So I have scheduled an internal for 8 weeks (earliest I could get). Anyway, if you search "is that right" or "is this normal" or "no internal exam" the thread will show up.
Good luck and let us know what happens--
Anne
Unread 05-30-2006, 07:32 PM
examination

Common diagnostic protocol is a one week check incisionally post op and a 6 week post op internal and external.
Unread 05-31-2006, 08:07 AM
examination

Me neither, even though the nurse set up for one. She told me she would be back to let me know when to get undressed (dr. running late) and never returned.....The doctor arrived and just looked at the incison. When I returned home, I was spotting and called to complain. I was told if I wanted to come in for an internal I could, but it was not always done. So if you don't feel right about not having an exam, call and insist on one.
Unread 05-31-2006, 08:12 AM
examination

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilasunrise
Hmmm....I am only 41 and I had my 6 week check up today, complete with a "peek" and an internal. Was told to hold off on sex for a few more days, and if things are fine he will see me in a year. He will want to continue to see me yearly. I am glad that I had the exam, it puts my mind at ease.
Did you have your cervix taken out? I was told that some gynecologist want to see you for a check up yearly and some don't.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register