Surgery has been canceled-argh! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery has been canceled-argh! Surgery has been canceled-argh!

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:43 AM
Surgery has been canceled-argh!

After the agony of waiting five months for this surgery ( SAH); coping with the symptoms and pain , and then finally reaching D-day...the hospital have canceled right at the last minute due to a bed shortage. Working there myself I appreciate how busy this time of year is with an increase in admission of acute elderly care care cases ...I'm calm, but because I'm still in the dark over when I'll next be listed ( it could be days, weeks or months) I feel helpless.

Colleagues have been great trying to get the ball rolling this morning. I can book a private room which solves the problem of bed space but without a new listing date for the op , I can't do a thing except wait. The Admissions Officer who is rearranging a new list was so rude to me on the phone . She is refusing to give me any idea of how long I may have to wait , or when she will be in touch. To compound things further my partner ( a barrister) has a big trial coming up in which means he may not be around . He had cleared his diary for the next fortnight to be at home with me.

All this worry, pain and now best laid plans up in smoke.
Sorry to vent my spleen , but I'm at my wits end with it all.
xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:50 AM
Re: Surgery has been canceled-argh!

That happened to me too. I was due for surgery on a Monday and the drs office said the hospital would call the fri before. They said to call the hospital if I did not hear from them. When I did call the hospital they had no record of me coming. The drs office said it may be delayed two weeks. Meanwhile I already went on short term disability for work. The drs office called on Monday and told me I was to have the surgery. So hopefully you will get the same news as me and only be delayed a day. Good luck!
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:54 AM

Wow, I don't know how I would have handled that. Just try to remember that everything happens for the reason. Best of luck scheduling you surgery. Best wishes and many hugs.
Belinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:57 AM

Oh my! I am so so sorry!! I can only imagine how you feel! I would have be so disappointed and discouraged too as it took a bit to get all the paperwork etc. to be off work. Hang in there and I hope it all works out for you really soon!!
Unread 12-09-2013, 05:10 AM

Thank so much for your kind words of support . I can't tell you how much it's helped .
The now not knowing and waiting is definitely proving the worst bit, but I suppose where one door shuts , another opens... Fingers crossed. I can't help thinking I would be out of theatre now!
Thank you again for your support. What a wonderful site this is.
xxx
Unread 12-09-2013, 06:13 AM

I am sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be!! I hope they can reschedule another date.
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:09 AM

India-Rose,

Keep us updated! I know this doesn't even compare to your disappointment, but 2 days before my surgery my doctor's office called and said the daVinci robot was not going to be available for my surgery, so the surgeon was just going to do it without it. I was expressing my disappointment to a friend and she said, "Well, the robot wasn't available for a reason." Guess things do happen for a reason, but sometimes hard to understand why.

Sounds like you have a great attitude and things will work out! Let us know when your have a new date!

Hugs!
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:21 AM

There is a silver lining after all. Surgery has been rescheduled for next Tuesday and I'm sooooo happy , as the symptoms are becoming intolerable .
Not only that , but my lovely partner is paying for me to stay on a private ward / private room , afterwards. So , I won't have to worry about nurses being too busy to care , and I'll have an en suite ! So my dignity will remain intact.

Thank you to all the sisters who responded to my post.
Big hugs to you all xxx
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:33 AM

Well, that's great news!! Thanks for sharing! Seems like it's all going to work out in the end. Glad you now have a date so you can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Big hugs to you and best of luck for a smooth and uneventful surgery and recovery.
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:45 AM

That's so very kind of you , thank you.
X

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register