do we love insurance? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

do we love insurance? do we love insurance?

Unread 04-24-2002, 10:32 AM
do we love insurance?

No. We wouldn't like it if we didn't have it either but honestly.

Our insurance changes May 1, so we have to wait to get pre-cert. And I found out today that if we did the surgery today under my old insurance there would not be an issue. But the new one can be a bit fussy. Would they like to come chnage my sheets at 3 am next month? I think not.

So I am proceeding with happy thoughts that the right thing will happen and if not I will fight. And fight hard I will. You'd think I could catch a break and not have to worry about this of all things.

The DR says it might be okay though. The last sonogram had my uterus at 9 weeks but today he said I was 11 weeks. The first one was about 8. It is growing. LOL

I guess I did catch a break today. Dear DR gave me pain killers. I guess popping up off the table helped my case. Crying doesn't hurt either.

Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2002, 10:51 AM
do we love insurance?

Hi, Jo! Sorry to hear you have to change insurance plans right before you want to have your hyst. Hope the new company will be sympathetic and not cause too much delay. I know we like having insurance, but not the hoops we have to jump through sometimes. Your dr may be able to state the reasons you need your hyst right away in a strong enough way that they won't protest. Good luck to you and s
Ruthie
Unread 04-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Understand

Totally understand the insurance thing... fortunately for me.. my Dr went to bat so I didn't have to. Good luck... and hopefully they will see that since your last insurance already approved your surgery that they should indeed do the same.

BTW... I love your signature about the lemons! I have to print that out!

Good luck dear.. hope it works out your way..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2002, 11:24 AM
do we love insurance?

I'm sorry and glad at the same time to hear that other insurance companies are difficult. I take it personally, like its just me they won't approve. Persecution complex - I'm sure more therapy would help. LOL

As for my quote, I have another favorite for when I'm in a perky mood, not the "world against me" mood I'm in right now.

Work like you don't need money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
And dance like no one's watching.

Guess I'll be that way soon.

Jo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register