Toatal hysterectomy 36 years old - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Toatal hysterectomy 36 years old Toatal hysterectomy 36 years old

Unread 04-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Toatal hysterectomy 36 years old

Thank you so much for your input.Okay so now I get personal What about sex? does it feel the same? What about for him { in my case BF} when your cervix is removed? is there more room? I really am 100% freaked out.Does HRT work? and how will I even Know what I am asking for,any tips?I already have problems with depression.This means so much to me please let me know what you guys think.Did anyone else go through feeling,broken or dirty,I feel like I will never be the same agian I feel a sense of loss already,I guesse I am just a baby but this is HUGE to me.
THANKS ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 05:18 PM

Hi Sisters,
I am 48 and 10 days post-op from TAH/BSO. I know you have some anxiety and are thirsty for any information. You've found a great website. Everyone has different needs depending on their particular situation and also on their doctors. Some are much better about presenting info than others.

Anyway, there are lots of threads here on how to prepare for your hospital visit, what to expect pre-op, during your hospital stay, and post-op. Read as much as you can and write down any questions your doctor hasn't answered.

Be prepared for an emotional roller-coaster. It's normal, but unsettling and I always found this site very calming.

I had my surgery on a Tuesday morning at 7:45 AM, was in my room by 11:30 AM. I had a catheter and I was allowed only ice chips for the rest of the day. I was given fluids, antibiotics, and pain meds thru IV until the next morning when the IV and cath were removed. That day they had me up to the bathroom and I had a sponge bath, but only clear liquids all day. I also started estrogen therapy (patch). The third day I had a regular breakfast and lunch and was discharged around 2PM.

That was it in a nutshell. So far I'm having the recovery that my doctor predicted, swollen tummy and all.

Just read and ask lots of questions. If you'd like to PM me, I'll be more than happy to answer! Per doctors orders, I'm not going anywhere til my 2 wk followup!

Best wishes to all!

Linda
Unread 04-02-2004, 05:18 PM

Hi wede10,

My response is about the swelly belly. I had an LAVH and thought I wouldn't get it. In fact, my belly wasn't all that big the first 2 weeks. As I've become more active though, it's really gotten large. I see my doctor next week and I'm going to ask if there's anything I can do to reduce it. It's not uncomfortable, just annoying for making clothing choices! Plus I know it's not forever. Overall, I feel great and I'm GLAD I did it!
Unread 04-02-2004, 05:33 PM

Hi wede! I am having my TAH/BSO on 4/22. I am 32 and scared also! Maybe my fear is a little different, but still scared none the less! I just wanted you to know you are not alone and I know you will find lots of answers here! Hugs, Christy
Unread 04-02-2004, 05:39 PM

Hi, I too have endo, stage 5. I am 38. I am going to try to keep my cervix depending on if there is endo there or not. I will not do HRT as I want the best chance to be free of endo forever. I know this is the best option for me as I have tried every other treatment. So, I pray this treatment is the one that works.
Here's to pain free days in the future!

Carrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register