Pressure under bottom of ribcage | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pressure under bottom of ribcage Pressure under bottom of ribcage

Unread 08-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Pressure under bottom of ribcage

Well, I still have the same pressure under the bottom of my ribcage. It's like something is out of place or getting squished. It hasn't improved at all. I saw my GP last week and he ordered an ultrasound. I did the ultrasound today. I won't get the results for a few days. Anyone else experience this? I'm now 7 wks PO and have been feeling this annoying pressure anytime I sit down or bend over for at least 5 wks now.

Everything else is going well aside from just feeling totally wiped out sometimes after work or a busy day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2005, 07:13 AM

DejaMoi - I don't really have an answer - but I get the same feeling from time to time... I know that there is a LOT of inflammation for me still in there - had ab x-rays yesterday and the gal had to push on my hips to make sure I was positioned right - and ouch - it was sore!! I was surprised - but it just told me that even at going on 7 weeks there is still a LOT of healing to do...

I get in only really on the right side though...

Hugs and bumping this up to see if anyone else has an answer for you...

Shauna
Unread 08-30-2005, 08:21 AM

I was just thinking about posting again on this same thing! I am 10 weeks out and still have that annoying pressure under my right rib cage. Like you, it is most annoying when sitting or bending over. I know it is not gallbladder since I had to have mine removed 18 months ago. Please let us know that your ultrasound results are. I am very curious myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2005, 08:25 AM

Hmm,

I keep getting this pain under my right rib cage, kept thinking it must be gall bladder, it comes and goes. Some times it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I wonder if that is the same thing you guys are experiencing. I get occassional pains of the left side, that I thought must be gas pains, but those are not nearly as often as the right sided pain. Sometimes I get sick feeling from the right sided pain, but never get a temp or anything, and it always goes away eventually.

Let us know what your results are.

Take care,
Debra
Unread 08-30-2005, 12:35 PM

Mine is mainly right sided too. I'll let you know what they find.

Shauna, did they find anything in your abdominal x-rays?

Lisa
Unread 08-30-2005, 12:48 PM

Debra,

Yours sounds a little different. I mainly feel the "pressure" when I'm sitting or bending over, sometimes when I'm standing. I mostly have relief when I'm laying down or standing. "pressure" doesn't hurt that much, but it is persistant and annoying and constant. You might mention your symptoms at your next appt. It's been pretty perplexing to me as not many on here seem to have the same symptoms. Good luck

Cowwalker,

That is interesting that you don't have a gall bladder. I think my doc was leaning toward my gall bladder being the issue. My ultrasound was focused on my gall balder, kidney and spleen. I wish the techs could say what they see. At least they don't gasp. lol
Unread 08-30-2005, 02:25 PM

DejaMoi- has your doctor considered a hernia? I have a hernia and the more I am up and active the worse it gets - and the laying down will help it as the muscles get a chance to relax. I know that at times I will be feeling like I have done 1000 crunches...

I also found out that I have a fatty liver - not sure if that is just a "bonus" or not... my ultrasound showed it - but apparently no stones in the gall bladder...

My indigestion has been helped a lot by the doubling of my stomach med since yesterday... so that is good...

I get my x-ray results on Thursday...

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 09-01-2005, 10:22 PM
got Ultrasound results

I got my ultrasound results. The nurse said everything looked great. My kidneys, liver spleen, gall bladder all look great and they didn't see any gall stones. While I'm glad everything looks great that still leaves me with why am I so uncomfortable? The nurse was very cheery and said "Everything looks great hun" with that "So everything is fine, go away voice." I told her "well we need to do more tests then, because this is driving me crazy." She said, "but we just looked at everything and it looks great". Me: "um, but I am still very uncomfortable." Nurse: "Well, I can put you through to the scheduling desk and you can make an appointment to see the doctor again."

So I made another appointment. I'm frustrated and uncomfortable. It would be one thing if I knew it was normal surgery related discomfort that would go away with time. I still hope infact that it is just an odd complication of my surgery that will disapate, but it is discouraging to not see many other people with my symptoms. Sorry to go on and on, I'm just frustrated and tired. I am not a person that goes to the doctor much. I endured years of awful periods before I decided I need to get something done. So I want to be taken seriously if I feel something is bad enough that I actually go to the doctor.

Sorry again to rant so long and thanks for listening. I'd love to hear updates from those of you who have expressed similar symptoms.

Shauna,

Have you heard anything about your results?

Thanks again all,

Lisa
Unread 09-01-2005, 10:46 PM

Hugs! Sometimes no results is no fun eh? You can ask for a hida scan - they use radio-active dye to see how well you GB is working...

My x-rays came back fine and so did all my lab work...

I will be seeing a surgeon about my hernia though... and I will tell him - if he is going to fix it - to have a looksy and if the GB isn't good - then just take it...

I also asked for a blood test for my liver - doc & I figure it will be fine - but my liver problems could be caused by Hep-C and my dad got it from tainted blood in 1988... we didn't find out for YEARS.. and it he was bleeding from a fall - well, I was the one to nurse him... I am sure it will be ok though - just something to make sure of... I will get the results on the 14th when I see my doctor again...

Until then I will just put up with it all - take my stomach meds, eat gaviscon as needed... and be VERY careful with what I eat... no fats, no acidic foods... and so forth...

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 09-02-2005, 05:22 AM

DejaMoi, Years ago I had a lot of problem with pressure under my ribcage, both sides. It was so bad I felt like I did when I was 8 or 9 months pregnant, that the baby had everything pushed up. Come to find out I had Intestinal Bowel Syndrome which was caused by a yeast infection and stress. Hope you eliminate the problem soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register