5 months post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 months post op 5 months post op

Unread 10-07-2012, 09:06 PM
5 months post op

Hello fellow sisters I am 5 months post op and my life and just been awful. My hair has fallen out so much I feel like at any moment I will have to buy a wig. The depression has really made life difficult. was started on Lexapro due anxiety and depression but had to stop it and got these brain zaps When I stopped that has anyone experienced that ? I have been though so many HRT meds that it is unreal nothing has worked. Then I was started on Bioidentical hormones it has been week 3 of this treatment and still just feel awful with the hot flashes and depression. The doctor seems to have this bright idea that i needed to start on the lowest dose ever and test my hormones every 3 weeks. I am just so ready to give up the sadness, anxiety hair loss and depression feel like life is never going to get better. If any one out there have gone through this please or please let me know how you got through this ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Re: 5 months post op

i felt really bad back in august with emotions, and other physical issuse also but my fnp put me on the .1 ville dot and renew my script for zolof and got much better. I had an appointment last week and asked her about being on the patch how long. She told me a year at this dose and then start lower a little at a time so to let my body heal as the shoke from surgry and the change in hormones can be a stress that with out a little help can be even harder. She said that my breast health was inportant to keep up with also. Having a mamo next week they do feel different since hysterectomy.
Unread 10-08-2012, 04:28 AM

hi ladies thanks for sharing your stories. I had my op in July and have been feeling good in myself and happy to be out and about moving again, however I have been experiencing waves of heat coming on instantly and then disappearing. I never had this prior and it is getting worse as the weeks go by...did you have any of these symptoms before the op or did they just come on after? I kept my ovaries and cervix to try to keep things as normal as possible. I also have been getting cramps on my sides and some minor pain on the cut line but thought that might be normal...take care Otila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2012, 09:00 PM

theone,

Yes, I had brain zaps when I tried to come off of Paxil. There's really nothing else quite like them, is there? I only realized what was happening to me when someone on a website described the zaps as being 'this eye-swooshy thing'. That's exactly what I had -- an eye-swooshy thing! I still wasn't sure it was the zaps - until I took a dose of Paxil, and the next day the zaps were gone.

I am so sorry you've been struggling so much. May I ask whether you had issues with anxiety and depression before the surgery? I have had A&D for years, so there was nothing new about it when I felt that way after surgery. You might need help with both the A&D and the menopausal symptoms, and it can be hard to manage both simultaneously. All I can say from my own experience is this: when you're trying to make changes that help, change one thing at a time, and make gradual dosage changes. If your doc isn't familiar with treating with antidepressants and antianxiety drugs, you might want to try to find someone who is.

Bless you, I know just how you feel. It's awful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register