Please help! PMS symptoms...is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help! PMS symptoms...is this normal? Please help! PMS symptoms...is this normal?

Unread 02-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Please help! PMS symptoms...is this normal?

Hello this is my first post. I had my hysterectomy Dec.19. I had adenomyosis. II had my uterus and tubes taken out. Both ovaries and cervix remained. It was done laparoscopically. Well I have had PMS symptoms. It hurts bad. I still have horrible breast tenderness and my tummy hurts and cramps. It does not cramp anywhere NEAR as bad. Is this normal? I did not know that you could still cramp without a uterus. It really is sore at my belly button too. Last month which was the first month of posing, I had a little bleeding too. Nothing that made me use a panty liner or a pad. It was just when I wiped. Please if anyone can help me understand I would love it. I am 30 years old. Thanks .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Re: Please help! PMS symptoms...is this normal?

Sorry to hear this is all so stressful for you. Sounds like you need to go back to doc and get some questions answered. From what I understand if you keep your ovaries you will still get pre menstrual symptoms but wont bleed like normal. However if you still have your cervix you still can have a mini period. Not sure about the cramping someone else might know about that. Even though they say a 6 week recovery you can still have tenderness for some time. Everyone is different. Good luck I hope you get some answers. Read through old posts and forums they have a wealth of information. Xx
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:57 AM

My SLH was done on 1/27. I was getting better but in the past few days I started feeling bad again. I'm getting more pain now instead of less, plus I'm getting anxiety and headaches and an achy lower back. And super mood swings for the past 2 days. The timing coincides with my periods before surgery. No bleeding though. I thought I was done with PMS. Now that I've found this post I'm not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2014, 01:34 AM

Yes you will continue to ovulate if you kept your ovaries. I have had pms every month since my surgery. Not every month is terrible for me though. I'm almost one year post op. I kept my ovaries as well. As for keeping your cervix I have heard that women who keep it can have mini periods. I don't experience that however since I have no cervix anymore.
Hope you are healing well ! Hang in there with time things get easier.
Unread 02-16-2014, 10:12 AM

I had a TAH/BS 7 months ago, and I still have a cycle. I ovulate and have some small degree of PMS on a pretty regular basis. (This month I got swollen breasts which was actually kind of fun! Slightly bigger boobs with no surgery? Cool!)
I don't have my cervix, uterus or tubes, so I find that my cramps are non-existent for the first time in decades, and oddly enough, I don't have food cravings like I used to. I used to carb load for a good week before my period, and I don't crave naughty foods like that anymore. (Which is cool)

I did find that my body settled into a groove of sorts as I continued to heal. Hugs to you, OP!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register