Pre-Op testing just cancelled, now what do I do? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op testing just cancelled, now what do I do? Pre-Op testing just cancelled, now what do I do?

Unread 08-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Pre-Op testing just cancelled, now what do I do?

Talk about unexpected things happening. I got home from work to find a message on my answering machine..... my promary physician had to cancel by pre-op testing because of an emergency. OK, I get that BUT my surgeon needs the results by the 5th, or else the operating hospital will cancel my DvH on 9/12. I spent the next hour calling back and forth between my physician's office and surgeon's office to see what, if anytihng, can be done. Physician's office said they will have their "pre-op" manager call me ASAP in the morning. I am a teacher...I have my FMLA paperwork submitted to my personnel office and to the Dept of Labor, and my long-term sub has been hired. SURGERY CANNOT BE CANCELLED!!! Anyone have any pointers, suggestions for me??? I'm a raving lunatic here at home right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Re: Pre-Op testing just cancelled, now what do I do?

If your doctor can't schedule it in time then see if there is someone else you can see. It is funny how this works differently depending on the doctor. My pre-op is being done by my surgeon a couple of days before. Previously it was 7 days but she had to reschedule. The hospital testing is only something I need to show up at the lab between certain dates and do. I am sure they can make it work so don't stress too much. Big Hugs!!!
Unread 08-29-2012, 06:29 PM

I'm sure they'll be able to work it out. Don't panic just yet. Hopefully it'll all be straightened out early tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2012, 07:20 PM

My doc wasn't available for my pre-op clearance visit either, so they booked me with someone else. It wasn't a big deal to the other doc, and I got my clearance which is what counts. I'll bet you can see someone else in that office and get the surgeon what he needs on time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register