Any experiences after supra-cervical Hyst? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any experiences after supra-cervical Hyst? Any experiences after supra-cervical Hyst?

Unread 07-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Home Same Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore
You Are Amazing-same Day Surgery And Online As Well!!! Who Are You? Wonder Woman?????
Amore - No, (LOL), I am not Wonder Woman - although as a working full-time mom outside the home (as well inside - we all know how that goes!), two boys, and a husband, I sometimes feel like I have to be. I just had a really wonderful dr. I did every single thing she told me to do. She said that I was a prime candidate for the LSH. I came to this dr. through a coworker that did her LSH too. I was determined that after the surgery to come home so I could rest in my own bed. I think it's hard to sleep in a hospital with all the lights and the people, too much noise. The dr. said I had no complications and therefore, could go home. I was so happy. I know I'm rambling it must be the drugs. Another thing I considered all of the pain I've been living with for the past 5-6 years and could only determine that anything was better than that! Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Any experiences after supra-cervical Hyst?

Hi WaverlyRose,

I too had a LSH and I am now 2 yrs. post-op. I am still very pleased with my surgery results. I too was not a good candidate for an UFE (Uterine Fibroid Embolization) due to the size of my fibroids. In the long run, a LSH was a very good choice for me.

Best wishes with your decision,

Mary
Unread 07-19-2006, 01:16 PM

ok Southern girl-now I understand -laproscopy-I had the bikini cut-guess my doc never mentioned the laproscopy to me-don't know why?!!!
It took and is still taking me a long time to get over the cutting--
i had fibroids and 10-12 week size uterus but i also had adhesions which was a nasty surprise to all of us-it ended up with a tear to my bladder because they couldn't get my uterus out(I'm ok-just went home w/ a foley catheter!! for 10 days-)--does laproscopy only take the fibroids?
Glad to hear you are doing great---I'm sure you will be up and out in no time!!
good luck-
-Amore
Unread 07-19-2006, 03:21 PM

Amore- Yes, my LSH was textbook according to my dr. She removed my 13 week enlarged uterus which was full of adenomyosis, a chocolate cyst on my right ovary, endometriosis, and some small fibroids. I kept both of my ovaries and cervix. The laparoscopic incision on my right side is about 1 inch and my left side is about 2 inches. She went in through my navel with the scope. It seems like a miracle surgery to me! I feel so much better already and it's only day 2. I have to keep telling myself that I had MAJOR surgery and not to overdue it. My family and friends have rallied around me to make sure that I don't and I am sleeping alot. Took a 4 hour nap today. I had a bikini cut when I had a c-section 14 years ago - and yes, that was painful recuperating from. So, I can sympathize with you. You take it easy and don't overdue it either. Make sure to drink lots of fluids too.
Unread 07-19-2006, 07:22 PM

SouthernGrl--
I wish I knew that this was an option -laproscopy-I just looked it up online-I don't think many docs here -and not mine-are well trained in this procedure-if I knew of it before I would have investigated! oh well-(I had surprise adhesions too-) guess I just have to go forward and not think about it-I can't remember if I told you I had a bladder injury from this surgery... anyway-I was at the urologist today and have a bladder infection--he found blood and white cells in my urine-so I am on macrobid for 10 days-leaving for a Mediterranean cruise next Sat!!!! I hope I can hack it!
I am drinking alot of water tho...
thanks and I'm happy for you and your recovery-sounds good!
---
Amore
Unread 07-20-2006, 07:28 AM

Amore - It's too bad that more dr's don't do the lap procedure. I felt really lucky to find mine and she's done over a 1000 of them. She's also called me every night to see how I am doing. She's one in a million. Sorry about the bladder infection - just take your meds and drink lots of water. I heard cranberry juice was good for that too? Hope you feel better and can enjoy your cruise. That sounds like fun in the sun! Take care.
Unread 07-21-2006, 06:46 PM

Southern Girl - I want your doctor!! She sounds awesome. Mine wasn't sure it could be done laparascopically and I was almost as scared off by the bikini cut (remembering my C-section) as by the tales of lost sex life. I did lap surgery last year on my kidney and the surgery itself wasn't too bad, can hardly see the scars - so that sounds good! I can't tell you how much better I feel from these responses, I was feeling so trapped between a rapidly worsening quality of life and tragic loss of intimacy. this is a great site!! thanks for taking the time and caring enough to reply, now I am going to cry for joy.....thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register