So Sore | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-09-2003, 05:55 PM
So Sore

I am 10 weeks post op for a laparotomy/RSO and removal of stage 3 endo. I am 6 weeks away from TAH and possible resections, and removal of remaining endo.

I was cleared at 6 weeks and all has seemd ok, bit tired. My legs are rather numb, right one to toes at times. I can live with that. I've been very active last two weeks with painting four rooms and raking. Today reaching and doing touch up work near ceiling I began to feel really sore at pelvic bone, down and outwards. Also very weak. I can't shake it off.

What will help ease the soreness because pain killers aren't doing it.

I'm trying to jam all the projects in ( I know this is over ambitious)before I go down again. DH said he'd help but the "w" in we has turned into the "m" in me. He's tired of me being sore, tired, moody... I don't blame him (I'm tired of it too and am not looking forward to doing it again next month) I'd probably feel the same way.

Anyway, the soreness is the quetions. Ice, heat, girdle, stiff drink (ok, so I can't do that one). For Mother's Day I want to just stay in bed and rest but feel selfish for not doing stuff with the kids.

Thanks for your wealth of knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2003, 07:04 PM
So Sore

Sounds like you really overdid it! We think that we've waited the apprpriate length of time and we're immediately and totally healed. Not so. Some of us take a lot longer. Although I rested for the full 6 weeks, it was at least 12 weeks before I really exerted any real strength and muscle work. If this is truly not the case with you, be sure to call the doctor and go slow for much longer after your hyst.

TC
Unread 05-10-2003, 05:18 AM
So Sore

Yep, I would defitely say you overdid it. Big time. You will need to be much more cautious in starting activites up after the hyst as there is som mcuh more internal repair and sutures. YOu can feel ok and look healed externally but you must protect the internall repair and let it heal. You have the time to order the book offered here called the Journey Throught the Land of Hyster. I highly recommend it. Also read through the hints and articles found onthe home page. Find the list of dos and don'ts in teh post op section too. If you must do some chores before the next surgery, you need to pace yourself and do things in small bits, resting inbetween. As soon as your back aches, sit down. I would think if you had to paint it would be 15-20 minutes of painting followed by the same amount of time resting. The way you feel is a big sign from your body you have overdone it. I am thinking it will take you a few days to get over this. I went ona retreat last weeknd, thought Sunday evening to Monday was enough but by Wednesday it caught back up with me and I was exhausted again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2003, 06:15 AM
So Sore

Thanks for letting me know I'm not just a wuss and cry baby(as someone around here does). I should have waited an hour to post because I fell over DH's *****shoes in the middle of the kitchen. My hands were full so I landed on my hip first. Let me tell you how WONDERFUL I feel today! Kids were scared and one ran to get him. He helped me up , asked what I fell over said "OH" picked them up then went back to the ****tv.

I know it's been tough since Dec with cysts growing then first op and recovery, now the thought of a fun filled summer with me down and knowing we may be trading one set of probs. for another. I can only imagin what it's like to live with an emotional moving target. Anyway, that's stuff for a third party to help with.

Thanks for the advice and mostly for listening. I'm going to move all the furniture back in place then finish raking the yard (joking gang, only joking).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register