Anyone having Laproscopic Supracervial Hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone having Laproscopic Supracervial Hysterectomy? Anyone having Laproscopic Supracervial Hysterectomy?

Unread 10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Anyone having Laproscopic Supracervial Hysterectomy?

I just saw my DR yesterday and she was very certain a hysterectomy would stop all my awful pain and abnormally heavy bleeding... Is anyone having a Laproscopic Supracervial Hysterectomy?

I have it scheduled for December 28th oh goodness I have 2 more months of all this pain!!! But with work and schedules this would give me the amount of recovery time I need rather than rushing through this...

A little nervous and excited... Can't wait to read more on here:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Re: Anyone having Laproscopic Supracervial Hysterectomy?

Hi Dai,
I had a LSH 2 weeks ago and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I put up with soooo many years of pain, very heavy bleeding and anemia. My Dr. recommended the LSH (only uterus removed) and I was so nervous and worried that I was going to be in alot of pain afterwards. I didn't even ask for pain meds in the hospital, and by day 5of recovery I was doing dishes, some light laundry, dusting, etc. I never had pain, only a pulling, kind of pressure feeling where my uterus was. I had my post op appointment yesterday and my Dr. gave me clearance to resume all regular activities. Amazing after only 2 weeks! It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end and I would recommend this to anyone. It still hasn't sunk in yet that I will never have to experience that pain and bleeding again. Wishing you a perfect surgery and quick recovery! Good luck!
Unread 10-28-2010, 02:13 PM

Hi Crisy, Thank you so much for sharing your experience:-) I just realized what LSH stands for... He He! I don't think these 2 months will go by quick enough for me know that I know I am going in...

That is great you felt no pain, because you had years of pain like me and nothing is worse

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2010, 05:36 PM

I also had LSH w/RSO 10 days ago, the procedure itself went well, and my pain at this point is controlled with ibuprophen. I did have to spend two nights in hospital on IV, as I was dehydrated, nauseated, and blood pressure was low. Would highly recommend the procedure! Good Luck!
Unread 10-28-2010, 10:01 PM

I had LSH 4 years ago and the recovery was quick and pretty painless. My experience was exactly like Chrisy's. I am very happy I did it. Hope this helps you!
Unread 10-28-2010, 11:58 PM

Thank you so much ladies-) Lisa what is a RSO if I can ask? I am so excited you both have had so little if no pain! I have a very active job where I have to where a heavy belt on my belly, so I am worried it may hurt the incision area? What do you think?
Unread 10-29-2010, 08:00 AM

RSO is removal of right ovary and tube. I have 3 incisions, the belly button area being the most sensitive. Even though LSH offers less pain and it is still just as invasive internally, so you must allow yourself sufficient time to heal. How much time are taking off from work? I have a job where I sit 90% of the day, and am taking 3 weeks. I am now 11 days out and still need to rest most of the day as I dont want any setbacks by over doing it. Definately speak to you DR. about the type of work you do, how much you lift, how much time you spend on your feet, and wearing the belt around your waist!!!
Unread 10-29-2010, 12:28 PM

Well Lisa unfortunalty the heavy belt is part of my job and I wear it 13 hours a day 3 days a week... So if I go in on the 28th of Dec and plan to go back on the 23rd of January that would give me 3 weeks and 4 days.... I am hoping this will be good??? Over the last 4 weeks I feel more pain as if something in me is growing and when laying flat on my back while sleeping it causes pain to breath in???

Yikes... I hope she is able to do this with out cuting my belly up as that would be even more time off
Unread 10-29-2010, 03:57 PM

Wow 13 hrs a day!! Its good you have almost 4 weeks, but definately talk to your Dr. I can tell you that the main reason for my surgery was due to pain, pain that started off intermittent about 3 years ago, and increased to the point where I had it everyday, it was ridiculous. It turned out to be adenomyosis. I can tell you even though im sore from the surgery, the pain that brought me here is gone, gone, gone!
Unread 10-29-2010, 04:18 PM

Lisa that is what my DR says I have the adenomyosis and that is causeing all the pain... I am very happy to hear yours is gone gone gone:-) Makes me smile for you! I see you had an ablation in 07, I had one in 06 and have had no bleeding for 5+ years... Wonderful, except I have had the pain! Then poof all of a sudden a LOT of blood and the most horrible pain ever!

Cheers to your pain being gone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register