Scheduled TAH Upcoming hysterectomy: emotional and nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy: emotional and nervous Upcoming hysterectomy: emotional and nervous

Unread 10-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy: emotional and nervous

My TAH is 9 days away now, it's been scheduled since Sept. 9th. Seemed so far away at the time. I have started getting emotional when I think about it, I think it's just nerves about being put under. I have multiple fairly large fibroids, uterus is about 3 times the size it should be, so abdomen is pretty uncomfortable and I am anemic. Even though I really am looking forward to getting this over with and feeling normal again (whatever that is) because I have been dealing with all this for years, heavy,heavy periods,clotting, abdominal growing and now with my last period EVER that doesn't want to end, it's been 15 days of bleeding so far this month. Ugh. Over the weekend I had a scare with my heart, a gripping pain that made me clutch my heart for what seemed to last a good 30 seconds, it hurt to move, didn't happen again. I had already been sensitive about my heart with the pounding heartbeat at times, shortness of breath, etc. due to the anemia. Told my doctor about it and that I wanted to have my heart checked before my surgery next week, so it will be one less thing to be concerned about that day. I tend to be a worry wort. So he sent me for an EKG today, the test said my heart is normal and I'm good to go as far as my heart is concerned. I do feel relieved about that, so maybe I won't be so emotional and think I won't wake up from surgery. I know everything is going to turn out fine. DH is the non-emotional type so I don't get much in the way of any emotional support from him. So thank you ladies for letting me get some stuff off my mind and to anyone who took the time to read this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2014, 12:30 AM
Re: emotional and nervous

Express away! I think the anesthesia part of it scared me the most. And if I recall correctly, an ekg was part of my pre-op. I am now about 1 year 7 mos. out from TAH for multiple huge fibroids, super heavy bleeding, and borderline anemia. Still the best decision of my life. I had a very good recovery. Good luck to you, and just remember afterwards to take it slow slow, easy easy. Everything can wait until you are recovered.
Unread 10-21-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat213 View Post
Express away! I think the anesthesia part of it scared me the most. And if I recall correctly, an ekg was part of my pre-op. I am now about 1 year 7 mos. out from TAH for multiple huge fibroids, super heavy bleeding, and borderline anemia. Still the best decision of my life. I had a very good recovery. Good luck to you, and just remember afterwards to take it slow slow, easy easy. Everything can wait until you are recovered.
Thank You so much Kat213 I will take it easy I want to heal right the first time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2014, 01:36 AM

Wow. You have been through so much! It is good you brought up the cardiac concerns and they checked into it.this process is definitly upsetting and i know personally I feel like i have to let it out. We are here to support you! I think not waking up from surgery is a common fear that a lot of us had.I bombarded the anesthesiologist with question after question because it was all new to me. Before you know it, you'll be all done and healing! Hopefully DH understands this is a big decision and not easy?Take good care! We are cheering you on through this!
Unread 10-21-2014, 06:11 AM

My surgery date is the day after yours. The waiting is so nerve wracking! It is good to have time to prepare, but too much thinking about it is starting to get to me. Hang in there, you will be on the other side of this soon! (((Hugs)))
Unread 10-21-2014, 06:22 AM

The waiting is the hardest part. I had my abdominal hyster last Wednesday. Things I am happy with or would recommend so far
1. The patch for for nausea
2. Turning on the water before you try to pee
3. Laying on your left side and pulling knees up into fetal position for
Gas
4. My binder
5. My Boppy
Unread 10-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer72 View Post
Wow. You have been through so much! It is good you brought up the cardiac concerns and they checked into it.this process is definitly upsetting and i know personally I feel like i have to let it out. We are here to support you! I think not waking up from surgery is a common fear that a lot of us had.I bombarded the anesthesiologist with question after question because it was all new to me. Before you know it, you'll be all done and healing! Hopefully DH understands this is a big decision and not easy?Take good care! We are cheering you on through this!
Thank you so much
Unread 10-21-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprylG View Post
The waiting is the hardest part. I had my abdominal hyster last Wednesday. Things I am happy with or would recommend so far
1. The patch for for nausea
2. Turning on the water before you try to pee
3. Laying on your left side and pulling knees up into fetal position for
Gas
4. My binder
5. My Boppy
Do they just give you the patch or do u have to ask?
I bought a binder too.
Not sure what your Boppy is?
I really appreciate the advice. I hope your healing is going well and getting better everyday.
Unread 10-21-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescuePups View Post
My surgery date is the day after yours. The waiting is so nerve wracking! It is good to have time to prepare, but too much thinking about it is starting to get to me. Hang in there, you will be on the other side of this soon! (((Hugs)))
Tell me about it, I've waited 7 weeks, I can't stand it any more,time to get it out!:Maybe we can help support each other through this since we are a day apart?
Thank you for the kind words.
Unread 10-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy: emotional and nervous

I asked for the patch while they were prepping me for surgery. It lasts for three days. I always get sick from the anesthesia and I did not want to after this surgery. It worked!
The Boppy is a pillow new moms use to nurse and prop the baby up in. I used it on the drive home and around my waist when I sit. I also use it between my legs when I sleep.
I will be a week tomorrow ( boy that flew by ) and so far so good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register