Vacuuming 2+ weeks post hysterectomy - Could I have hurt myself? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vacuuming 2+ weeks post hysterectomy - Could I have hurt myself? Vacuuming 2+ weeks post hysterectomy - Could I have hurt myself?

Unread 02-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Vacuuming 2+ weeks post hysterectomy - Could I have hurt myself?

Hi ladies

I did something my doctor told me not to I vacuumed the house I did go slow but now I have some little pains in my stomach I only vacuumed because I needed to feel useful I just hope I didn't hurt myself I won't he doing it again that's for sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Re: Could I have hurt myself?

Those pains are to tell you you over did it! You will probably have a pretty rough day tomorrow. I've been bad as well, so say much.
Look for that paper they gave you from the hospital on what to look for, but don't panic yet. You are probably fine if you behave from now on,..
Things to watch for would be if your belly gets very hot and fevered, if its swollen and hard rather than swollen and squishy. If run a high fever or start vomiting or you have fresh red blood that fills a pad. Also watch for clots, especially big ones or several on your pad.

Just so you know, sweeping is also out.... even if you sweep very gently! I know, lol!
I also feel like you do, and I feel really odd asking people to get things for me or do things for me. Im a guilty person on good day, and this is horrible! Its only going to get worse as we will likely start feeling really good and capable before we are able to do much.
My husband has started following me around asking what Im doing and sending me back to the couch! It was REALLY hard with my dad here helping me today!

We have to get over it though, hard as it will be.

Theres a good chance you are fine, but have your pain meds handy.
Good luck!
Unread 02-08-2016, 05:10 PM

Ok thanks my bf yelled at me for doing it but it's hard to resists when I'm home alone I was doing good on not doing anything but I have a relapse today I don't plan on doing anything again til I'm healed completly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2016, 05:20 PM

Although it doesn't sound like you did, you definitely could have hurt yourself.

Is a freshly vacuumed floor worth injuring yourself and setting back your recovery? Your doctor gave you instructions for a reason! Follow them! You only have one chance to heal perfectly and without complication!
Unread 02-08-2016, 05:39 PM

thank you for this post, I was contemplating sweeping the garage...very slowly but, now I won't.
Unread 02-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Vacuuming 2+ weeks post hysterectomy - Could I have hurt myself?

Lol yea don't I learned my lesson
Unread 02-09-2016, 04:10 AM

I'm feeling like a leech as well. Today I'm going to contribute by shopping for groceries online, scheduling delivery, organizing our summer trip, writing cards for Valentines Day etc. I think that all those things will help me feel productive
Unread 02-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Re: Vacuuming 2+ weeks post hysterectomy - Could I have hurt myself?

I woke up alittle sore today I know it's from what I did yesterday. I'm keeping an eye on myself to make sure I don't have any signs of any problems so far so good ( knock on wood)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register