Visited Work Today... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Visited Work Today... Visited Work Today...

Unread 05-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Visited Work Today...

I went in and visited at work this morning. I have been putting it off. I work in the superintendent's office at a K-12 school. I had a state report that was due today and realized that I was the only one who new how to do it. I ended up being there only an hour while I showed one of the other girls what needed to be done and visited the other person in my office and talked to the supterintendent. The first thing he wanted to know, of course, was when I was coming back. I am only 3 wks post-op right now and I know for sure that I am NOT ready to be back at work yet. I have a post-op visit with my gyn next week. Part of me is hoping that he doesn't clear me to go back to work yet and another part (the really, really, bored part) is kind of hoping to go back part-time on the 19th (that would be 5 wks post-op). I do know that the hour i was there this morning, wore me clear out. Why is it I feel so good at home, but when I go out and about, even for a little while, I am exhausted. I just keep thinking it should be getting better. It doesn't help that one of the other secretaries had TAH on March 14 and was back at work in 3 wks. Now I feel like everyone thinks I am babying myself too much and I should be good to go too.
I apologize for turning this into a "poor me" post, but thanks for letting me vent. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found hystersisters.

TAH/BSO April 15 w/breathing complications after surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Visited Work Today...

Hi! The other lady may have returned earlier, but she risked having more complications that could cause long term problems. And you just said that one hour wore you out, so give yourself the time your body needs to heal on the inside where you can't see. I know it gets boring, but your body needs this time. Take care!
Unread 05-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Visited Work Today...

Believe it or not an extra two weeks will seem like an eternity... Your energy level will get better and you will feel more like doing things. By the end of week five, I would have liked another 6 weeks for a vacation. I wasn't hurting all the time... The reason you feel tired, is it takes lots of effort to get in and out of the car, up and down stairs and just plain exertion. If you are like me, at home, you may have been up, but just not being as active. Take your time and don't let them push you to coming back too early.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Visited Work Today...

I also went for a visit to work today and I also worlk in a school district but I work elementary only. It was staff appreciation lunch and I got a ride to and from. It was nice to visit for a bit and be out and say hi to the kids. I have been feeling pretty well but I felt it when I got home. I am two weeks post-op today and have my four week in two weeks and the Dr will decide that day if I go back to work the next day. I hope for a lot more strength by than to make it through my days after this visit.
Unread 05-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Visited Work Today...

I also went to work today I work in an elementary cafeteria and no way would I want to be at work right now. My DH drove me and we went to do two other errands and I was hurting my then. I just feel pressure from standing up too much.

I will not be going back til late August because of summer break lucky me
Unread 05-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Visited Work Today...

I don't have the luxury of summer break since I am full-time. I know that two more weeks will make a world of difference. I think God must be giving me a lesson in patience......again.
Unread 05-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Visited Work Today...

I started back to work 3 weeks after my TAH...big mistake. I hurt so much for about a week, and when I got home I just wanted to crawl in bed and pass out. Do not go back until you know you are ready. Once you go, it is so hard to just say...sorry, I came back to soon, won't be here tomorrow...I wanted to say that, but couldn't. I should have taken the whole 6 weeks, at least.
Unread 05-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Visited Work Today...

Three weeks sounds real fast for a TAH. The paperwork that I have in right now is for 4 weeks off, I know I can change that if something changes at my 4 week follow-up on the 21st. But I once again feel if that what the Dr wrote that must be all I am allowed to take.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register