Anyone hungy all the time and craving sweets? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone hungy all the time and craving sweets? Anyone hungy all the time and craving sweets?

Unread 10-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Anyone hungy all the time and craving sweets?

Hi,

I am 6 weeks post op TAH w/BSO and on an estrogen replacement patch-Vivelle Dot.

My recovery has been good and I am doing more and more everyday.

I have also noticed that I get hungry quickly a couple to 3 hours after a full meal and am craving sweets.

Is anyone else having this-do you think it is due to the estrogen or the healing process-just needing more food to heal and expend energy.

I have read on here about no appetite following surgery-which only lasted about 3 days for me-I have had a good appetite since but hope it slows down soon.

Thanks for your replies.

Sweet Pea
TAH w/BSO on 9/19/05 for giant fibroid uterus weighing 1238 gms. Endo and Adeno also found. Vertical incision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2005, 06:07 PM

Yes. I am also on the vivelle dot. The doctor just changed to from 0.1 mg to 0.075. I am a little over 7 weeks post op and I am craving sweets really bad. I want chocolate and I'm not normally a chocolate person. I also crave ice cream.
Unread 10-27-2005, 06:17 PM

I lost about 20 lbs during the first 3 months post op. My appetite was low, and I didnt crave all the bad stuff I used to. Actually craved fresh fruits and veggies. Then it was like someone flipped a switch. Literally overnight I started wanting to eat ALL the time and craved sweets like crazy, but also starches, like potato chips and french fries. The last time I weighed myself, 10 lbs had found their way back That was a few weeks ago, I'm afraid to go near the scale these days. Im using the Climara patch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2005, 07:06 PM

I have been trying to eat healthier and I notice I get hungry more often than pre-op. I think I'm getting hungrier sooner because I'm eating smaller portions. I usually grab a piece of fruit and that holds me over.

As for cravings...I am craving milk.

s
Unread 10-27-2005, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcme
I have been trying to eat healthier and I notice I get hungry more often than pre-op. I think I'm getting hungrier sooner because I'm eating smaller portions. I usually grab a piece of fruit and that holds me over.

As for cravings...I am craving milk.

s
I'm craving wierd things like sushi and potato chips (not together, though!). Awas a chocolholic before surgery, now I don't crave or want it at all, and when I do eat it, it doesn't taste that great. Go figure.
Unread 10-28-2005, 12:05 PM

YES! YES! YES!
I have eaten more cookies and pie in the last four weeks than I have in the last year!!! And the good news is, I am still loosing weight!!
But I do not have the same appetite that I did. And I ONLY eat when I am hungry. Just because it is noon, I don't eat, unless I am hungry. Since I am getting up later (I love that part) my day meal is both breakfast and lunch. Then by the time hubby gets home at 6 I am starving. So, I have a cookie about 4:00. That is my story and I am sticking to it! LOL!
Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register