Endometriosis/hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometriosis/hysterectomy Endometriosis/hysterectomy

Unread 10-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Endometriosis/hysterectomy

Well, I had my hysterectomy on Oct. 20th and there were no signs of cancer. My problem ENDOMETRIOSIS. All of my back pain,leg pain, constipation and abdominal pain was due to this. I had no prior guess other than my 9.3cm ovarian cyst and enlarged uterus along with two fibroids that was causing my pain for over a year. I had no more menstrual bleeding than usual. The Endo had almost completely blocked my smaller intestine which needed to be resected. I was a mess inside. I am now pain free of all the prior severe pain pre op and I am so glad that I have had the surgery. The two nights following surgery I had emmited enough body heat to heat a small rancher. Thank heavens that went away. I am thankful to a great surgeon and a great surgical staff. I am looking forward now to healing and getting my energy level back. My head is also more clear now and not so jumbled up. I am also looking forward to my grandbaby coming in two weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2006, 10:54 PM

welcome to our wonderful site and I am so glad you are feeling so much better. I found out after I had my hyst that part of my pain before was from endo the doc found when he did the surgery. Remember to take care of yourself and don't overdo just because you feel better on the outside, on the inside you still have alot of healing to do and overdoing could send you right back to the hospital and in pain.
Val
Unread 10-29-2006, 12:17 AM

Had hysterectomy on Aug 30th, second laparoscopy this year (first in March). Endometriosis/adenomyosis. The endo isn't a new diagnosis. Dealt with it in 1993 and had lap with left ovary removal at that time. So discouraged because I'm still having what I believe is now post surgical pain. Pressure over lowest surgical site, where I imagine uterus was removed (surgery was supracervical), pain (that changes in quality from intense burning, itching, stabbing, throbbing, spasms, etc.) that radiates into vaginal canal, labia, rectum. Not always present but brought on by activity and quite disabling at times. Hard to keep spirits up. I'm told it's time limited, but had adhesions from old surgeries, uterus and remaining ovary was adhered to bowel, probable post surgical neuropathy/nerve entrapment from the surgeries themselves. I would welcome any encouragement or info from anyone who has had similar experiences. I so want to believe this is time limited and I will improve, but it is discouraging and hard to keep positive. Thanks, Aimtoheal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2006, 05:43 AM
Endo/Hyster

You know come to think of it I did have anemia for over a year but my pcp and I couldn't find out what was causing it. Had a colocoscopy and Endosocopy nothing. Gyn app't was ok and not until this year such svere back pain and myself going to get an MRI did any gyn flags get raised. If that dear ovarian cyst was not present I bet I would have continued with beliveing it was all back pain. I have the uterus, ovaries, tube, fat pad, cervix, my abdominal cavity cleaned out and 2" of my small intestine resected. I hvae great kids and hubby that have been helping me out tremedously. I do so plan on taking it easy so I may get healthy and not suffer any recurring side effects. I even wear my belly band when walking around.;-) Oh my one more thing, CHOCOLATE boy does that taste better now and fruit is just devine.
Unread 10-29-2006, 09:36 AM

ilv2so6,

Hi there,

I also had severe endo/adeno. I even had it around my tailbone area! My bladder and intestines were also affected. I have since noticed that since my bowels are back to normal after 4 weeks post-op that I am having 2 to 3 bowel movements a day. I use to only go about once every 3 to 4 days! I can tell now just how bad things really must have been all this time. It was all over my bladder. They had to do so much lasering on my bladder that he ran dyes to make sure he hadn't burnt holes through it. I had bladder spasms x 10 BAD!!!!!!!!!!! I have a history of kidney stones and it ranked right up there with that.

I had a Total Laproscopy Hyst. I had everything removed. I also had multiple cysts. I came right out of recovery with horrible hot flashes and kept them really bad the first 2 weeks. Now they are few and in between. I have stopped taking any hormones because I have such a fear of them and have started taking Maca, an herb. I have had 1 big hot flash in about 1 1/2 weeks. Pretty good I think, compared to what they were.

I am having lots of back cramping this week. I also have started bleeding bright red. Didn't have any bleeding at all just a little discharge the day of surgery. This has surprised me, so I called the doctor today and he told me that sometimes, around the stitches pockets of blood can form and cause a blood clot. He said that it can rupture and drain. Also, that scabs will form over the stitches and they will fall away and bleeding will restart just like it does when you pull off a scab on your body. I am having some localized pain and stinging really low with it. I was told to stay off my feet today and if the bleeding intesified to come on in to the ER. I hope things do settle down.

Good luck on your recovery!
Praz
Unread 10-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Endo

Oh my bowels were the same way as yours. They have slowed down the past day and I take like a Gas X for that pain. I had little or no bleeding after surgery so I am hoping that stays just like that. Tomorrow I go to have my staples removed and I am not looking forward to that. My bladder is great. I cannot belive how much pressure was on everything. I was popping hydrocodones and advils all day long. Now I am down to maybe 3 hydros a day. I am glad that I had the surgery now and belive it would have gotten worse.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register