Had a tummy tuck now need an abdominal hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had a tummy tuck now need an abdominal hysterectomy Had a tummy tuck now need an abdominal hysterectomy

Unread 09-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Had a tummy tuck now need an abdominal hysterectomy

I just found out on Wednesday that I need to have an
abdominal hysterectomy due to large fibroids...Scheduled for Oct. 5th....Dr. said that my uterus is way to big to have a vaginal....I told him I gave birth to twins...he said unless they came out together...side by side ....it wasn't happening!

I had a mini tummy tuck 5 years ago....will this surgery mess that up? My stomach was pretty flat (before the fibroids moved in) I'm concerned that the Gyno Dr. will undo everthing the plastic surgeon did.....

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2010, 04:17 AM
Re: Had a tummy tuck now need an abdominal hysterectomy

I have not dealt with this specific issue but did have a full tummy tuck along with my abdominal hyst. I would suggest you make an appt with your plastic surgeon and ask him what to expect. I would imagine (based on my experience) that your GYN surgeon will follow the same incision line/scar from your tummy tuck.
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:14 AM

ernmll,

to Histersisters! Glad you found us.

Don't hesitate to get a second opinion. Didn't your doc off you a LSH or a TLH? Big fibroids shouldn't be a limiting factor, my fibroids were huge but I was able to have a minimally invasive surgery. Not all docs do all the available surgeries so if you want a paticular procedure you may need to find another doc.

Keep us posted, best wishes,

Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2010, 08:22 PM

I had a TAH 4 wks ago and a tummy tuck 5 yrs ago. My Gyn followed the same scar line, but I do now have a bit of swelling above the scar. Not completely sure if it will all go down, sure hope so. Hate to think the other procedure would be for naught!

I would definitely talk to your Gyn about it. Mine said he would do his best not to mess up the other. If you think about it, the tuck pulled your skin so tightly together - unfortunately they do not do this for the TAH.

I also had to have abdominal surgery due to large cyst (grapefruit sized) AND an enlarged uterus - too big for vaginal or laproscopic. I still wouldn't have changed a thing - I feel so amazing now. You will too!! Best wishes to you!
Unread 09-28-2010, 10:10 AM

I have been concerned about the same issue. I had a full tummy tuck 2 1/2 yrs. ago and now have to have abdominally surgery as well. Not to excited about that.
Unread 09-28-2010, 11:15 AM

I had a full tummy tuck over 2 years ago and I now am having a DaVinci hysterectomy. My choices were the abdominal one or the robotic because my uterus was too anchored (whatever that means). I'm concerned by the surgery as well. will it stretch out the skin that I paid dearly to make smooth again?? Not too crazy about the little scars for the robotic, either but figure that is better than a full abdominal scar. Is that an option for you? I'm going to talk in depth with my doc at pre-op about my concerns. Almost didn't get the surgery because of this reason but the pain is getting to be debilitating so I guess I will go through with it. Hope its worth it!
Unread 09-28-2010, 11:58 AM

Good question!! I am curious too in case doc ends up having to do an abdominal surgery. The plan is vaginal but doc says to be prepared that it may have to be switched.. Good question for the doc I guess... That would stink to mess with the tummy tuck... :/ but I guess at this point the pain out weighs the first surgery at least for me... Let us know what u find out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register