New and need help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and need help New and need help

Unread 10-25-2005, 09:00 AM
New and need help

Hello, I am 39 years old. I went to gynecologist for a check up, my first in about 3 years. He found what he called a mass and sent me in for a pelvic ultrasound, not sure if I should be real concerned with these results or not. If any of you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate any and all of them.
This is my results:

IMPRESSION:
1. Septated cystic structure in the right ovary measuring 6.5 x 4.2 x 6.3 cm in size. No internal vascularity is seen by Doppler. Peripheral vascularity surrounds portions of the wall of this cystic structure. Differential diagnosis would include septated ovarian cyst versus septated ovarian cystic neoplasm.
2. A 3.0 x 1.8 cm cyst left ovary.
3. No other gross abnormalities are seen.

If I am not posting in the right section please direct me on where I am to be with this question. I would really like to be a little more knowledgeable on this before I go in for surgery November 4. Not sure if I want to let my family know that there is a chance for cancer. I don't want to scare anyone unless it is absolutely necessary. My best friend (since age 7) and my sister in law are the only ones that know right now. Am I wrong in doing this. I am sorry this is long, but I guess I am full of questions right now.
Thank You for reading and responding in advance!
Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2005, 10:16 AM
New and need help

Hi Melissa!

Before I answer, I need to clarify: Are you having your uterus removed? Or just your ovaries? Your profile does not indicate a type of surgery, so I just want to be sure I understand. Thanks!

s
Unread 10-25-2005, 11:02 AM
New and need help

The doctor said yes the uterus would be removed and definitely one ovary, most likely both, depends on what he sees when he gets in there! Not sure what type that would classify as! Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2005, 11:28 AM
New and need help

Hello again!

I think the best place to start when coming onto this site for the first time, is Checkpoints, which you can access from the lavendar tab at the top left of this page, right below the logo. The Pre-Op section of Checkpoints will provide you with a ton of information to help you "clue in" to what the entire hysterectomy experience might entail for you. It will also have a list of the different types of surgeries, and the abbreviations used on the site.

In answer to your question about whether you are wrong in keeping quiet among your relatives and friends about the possibility of cancer, my answer is no, you are not. There is no need to worry people prior to the surgery. I felt the same way you do.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery!

Many s to you,
Unread 10-25-2005, 02:49 PM
New and need help

There is no need to worry yourself either. Otherwise you might be giving yourself a constant headache for nothing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register