My Doc. also found endo during surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Doc. also found endo during surgery My Doc. also found endo during surgery

Unread 08-14-2006, 01:35 PM
My Doc. also found endo during surgery

I had a LAVH (laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy) about three weeks ago. I was having the procedure because of a fibroid and two polyps causing me problems for months. It was not until my two week check up that my Doc. told me that when they got in there they could tell that I also had endometreosis. And that was probably the major cause of my problems more so than the polyps and such. I assume they cleaned it all out, the only other thing she said was that they sent a sample off for testing. Now I am wondering if that has something to do with the stabbing sharp pains I am having once in a while. So sharp that if I am walking I have to stop and hold on to something. Or could that just be part of the inside healing? Does anyone else have these?
Thanks,
Ronda.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2006, 02:15 PM

I am just 1 wk post op but have had a great recovery and am getting around quite well. I too have had the stabbibg pains though. I''ll be feeling just fine and out of nowhere I get the stabbibg pain that stops me in my tracks. I think it's from things "settling" and possibly gas pushing against something in my abdomen. If it's still happening in a week I will ask my Dr. at my 2 week post op appt.
Unread 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM
talked to the nurse

I talked to my nurse about the stabbing pains. She told me the Doc. said that most likely (always love how they word things),-- but, most likely it is pain from healing, or that I could of been ovulating since I still have my overies. It happens less and less now so I believe she is on track.
PS this is a great site, I am glad I found it!
Ronda........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2006, 11:46 AM

Just want to drop by and let you know we have several Hyster Sisters' Endo/Adeno Resources you may wish to read through to learn about the endo your dr has discovered. You may want to ask questions at your next follow up appointment about the location of your endo, was it all removed, and what you can expect in the future.

Many best wishes to you for your recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register