Silver Nitrate Help!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silver Nitrate Help!! Silver Nitrate Help!!

Unread 10-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Silver Nitrate Help!!

I am one year post-op from LAVH and TVT for bladder. Been a great year (except for some wicked PMS for about six months following surgery, since I still have an ovary). I was having vaginal/intercourse pain; doctor found large granulation and did the silver-nitrate thing. It hurt, but I have a very low tolerance for pain. I was on the couch the rest of the day taking a pain pill. But I was shocked that I had it one year post-op. I thought it was something that came up in the first few months of recovery. Doctor said it can occur anytime along the vaginal cuff; said mine was large and could have been from a stitch that didn't dissolve. Also said there could be a spot along the cuff that was stitched together tight enough. She will recheck in one month, and if it's there again, will send me back to my GYN and will probably have to have a small surgery to restitch the cuff. Doesn't that sound lovely????
I hadn't been to Hystersisters for several months, but found it comforting to come here and find I'm not the only one with this problem!!
C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Silver Nitrate Help!!

OMG, 1-3 years later, still granulation. I feel for you ladies! I've been complaining that mine's been going on for almost 2 months. Bad thing is for me that they haven't released me for sex yet. I go back on Wed. to see how the treatment worked. Might treat again and then if it doesn't work, will fix it in the OR. I'm praying that I won't have to go back to the castle. I've already had three surgeries this year.
Unread 10-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Silver Nitrate Help!!

What is a vagina cuff? Sorry, but I don't know for sure. Could it be on the lower right side?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Silver Nitrate Help!!

A vaginal cuff is where they sew closed the area where your cervix used to be. To be blunt, if your partner ever "hit bottom" during sex, that was your cervix he was hitting. Now, that area is sewn closed.

One month ago I had a different kind of treatment for some major granulation. It's called Monsole's treatment. It's this dark orange goo that takes a few days to work it's way out of your system. It hurt pretty bad when the doctor applied it, but the granulation has not come back and neither has the pain! Some ladies might want to ask their doctors about this treatment vs silver nitrate.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register