Did your stomach swell too? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did your stomach swell too? Did your stomach swell too?

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Did your stomach swell too?

Is it me or am I more puffy even after 2 weeks out? I am bummed because I have lost alot of weight and now I can tell when I even put on a couple of pounds. I shouldn't be gaining. I have alot of gas still, is that normal 2 weeks out? Bowel movements are fine. Just wondering!
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:17 AM

Sounds as if you are experiencing swelly belly. This can go on for awhile.....I'm almost 11 weeks post op and still have it when I overdo things.
Unread 04-01-2007, 08:19 AM

It is all totally normal. Sorry to say, but I still have swelling at almost 8 weeks. Also, the gas was the worst part for me. It lasted at least 4 weeks badly, and I still have it, but much better. Congrats on the weight loss. Best to you. Feel better soon!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:27 AM

Oh gosh! I am so relieved to think I am not really gaining weight! I put on pants yesterday and they seemed a little snug. I could tell I was puffy. I had gastric bypass so I know I can't "over eat" much. Well at least not as much as I used to! Can't exercise for 8 weeks either but I am walking more. Anyway I feel better I am not alone!
Thanks
Paula
Unread 04-01-2007, 08:31 AM

Paula,
I'm two weeks post op tomorrow and I have swelly-belly really badly. I am wearing my yoga pants all the time now. I too have recently lost a bunch of weight and I want to cry when I look at my bloated stomach and puffy fingers... boo hoo! Oh well, at least it's temporary!

-Miette
Unread 04-01-2007, 09:44 AM

I also have Pcos like you! I know how hard it is to lose weight and to see your tummy swell like you put on 10 pounds is not fun at all! I still have my ovaries. I thought about getting them out but I am only 38, but its really the only cure for pco. At least I have lost the weight and it keeps it under control but goodness I worry about it all the time. Do you go to soulcysters.com? I like that site too!
Take care and hope you recover quickly
Paula
Unread 04-01-2007, 09:46 AM

I love your comment on the bottom! Mine would shut her up with an ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie! You know I notice I swell more when I seem to be doing more. I am taking it easy today!
Thanks
Paula
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:57 PM

Hi cosmogal and Miette,
I too have PCOS and have had it all removed. I am hoping that this takes care of the worst symptoms (ie hirsuitism) I stopped taking my spironalactone after the surgery and I hope that it will be OK. Gyn says that now I don't have ovaries I won't make testosterone. He also said that I will probably have to stay on the metformin because I will still have insulin resistance. What I look most forward to is no more PMS.
Hope you are all well,
Susan
Unread 04-01-2007, 03:39 PM

Hi susan, let me know about the hirsutism. I lost 140 pounds and it never went away yet all my hormone levels are normal. I am in the process of doing laser hair removal and I have had 2 treatments. So far its less but I have a way to go. Its my chin area that I am most concerned with. I shave my arm hair because that's just easy and no one knows. I love not having arm hair. I felt like I had guy arms! Anyway, I kept my ovaries because I was told that it was better if you can keep it. Anyway, good luck and I hope that it works for you.
Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register