Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Help!

I am 5 weeks postop now and I am still having difficulty with urination and pain. I have always had an overactive bladder but when I felt the need to go there was the satisfaction that I had emptied my bladder. Since my Hyst this is not been the case. In the hospital I had this problem and they diagnosed that I had contracted at UTI from the catheter and gave me medication for it..it didnt seem like it changed anything. I also thought I was doing pretty good about the pain but it seems the pain worsens in the bladder area daily and the bottom of my scar burns like crazy. Has anybody else had these problems? I have called the Doctor and I go to see him Thursday.

Sad and Confused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Help!

I guess nobody knows what to say
Unread 07-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Help!

Sorry Sweetpea, I didn't have these problems. My bladder did feel tender, but only for the first week or so post-op.

It's good that you will be seeing your doctor on Thursday. It's possible that the infection you had didn't clear all the way. But without a urine test, it's hard to tell. It could be something else going on, or maybe just some swelling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Help!

I am still having problems with my bladder I will be 5 weeks post op tommorow I have had 2 courses of anti biotics for UTI but its still the same very sore when i empty my bladder and a burning sensation I actually dread getting up in the morning as the first time i empty my bladder in the morning is agony. I am going to make another appointment to see my doctor too. Let us know how you get on byeeeee from shiona
Unread 07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Help!

Hi! I'm 4 and a half weeks post op, and went to my doctor today. I too am having pain with urination and my scar burns like crazy as well. I've had a UTI for the last 4 weeks and been on 3 different antibiotics. My doctor said that I no longer have the UTI, but then why the burning. I was told it's normal, part of the healing process. And as for my scar, he also said this was normal. When you go to the doctor on Thursday, I'd like to hear what he/she says. Please pm me and let me know. Good luck!!
Unread 07-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Help!

Hi,
I'm still having bladder spasms off and on. Sometimes really bothersome, other times, not so much. I was checked on don't have a UTI. I haven't had burning, just spasming.
Unread 07-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Help!

Thank you for the replies...I will keep you posted with what the doc says on Thursday. I did find out today that I don't have a UTI..they scheduled me to go in tomorrow am and have a kidney and bladder scan just to make sure everything is okay. I hate these kind of scans because they hook you up to an IV and put that stuff in your IV to make you feel all warm and fuzzy but anyway they will give me the results Thursday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register