6 days post op-hrt question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days post op-hrt question 6 days post op-hrt question

Unread 07-25-2007, 07:52 AM
6 days post op-hrt question

Hi I am post-op 6 days a complete hys with removal of both ovaries. My question is my doc. has not put me on hrt yet. I go to see him today, but i was thinking he would have put me on it before I left the hospital.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 09:39 AM

I am post op one week today. I had all but one ovary removed. I had it vaginally and feel pretty crappy still. hard to find any energy to do anything and still very sore and quite nauseous when getting up for more than five minutes at a time. Is this normal and why am I still having hot flashes?? I guess this will continue as long as I have an ovary left? I am not sure why your doc didn't put you on hrt yet, but I'm sure he knows what he's doing as far as why he's waiting to see you then decide what to put you on. How are you feeling? Are you having the same issues that I am? Are you going through the change? Did you keep your cervix? Good luck to you and I hope you are doing well.
Unread 07-25-2007, 11:15 AM

I had TAH on July 18th and I am not on HRT yet either. I am having hot flashes too. I go to the doctor next Monday and we are going to discuss the lowest dose of estrogen possible. This will help with the bone loss issue. I am sore but it is bearable. If you have one ovary you will not be on HRT, you will just need to wait for the ovary to "wake up" after the trauma of surgery. Hope all goes well at the DR. H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreama
Hi I am post-op 6 days a complete hys with removal of both ovaries. My question is my doc. has not put me on hrt yet. I go to see him today, but i was thinking he would have put me on it before I left the hospital.
My Dr. didn't put me on anything until I went back for my first 3 wk check up & i was complaining about night sweats & hot flashes

mshowdy
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:50 PM

I called my doctor at 10 days post op and threatened to hurt someone if they didn't call me in HRT right then because the mood swings, night sweats etc. were making me crazy! Needless to say she called in Premarin .3mg that same day and I have done pretty well on that. She explained to me that she had to start the lowest dose because I have Lupus and it was in my best interest. I think I should of been placed on it in the hospital due to my age but I THOUGHT (due to my ignorance) that I could handle life without HRT...little did I know!!
I wish you all the best and hope you don't have to go thru the roller coaster of trying to figgure out what dose is right for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register