What's the best thing you've learned from your experiences here? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's the best thing you've learned from your experiences here? What's the best thing you've learned from your experiences here?

Unread 12-18-2006, 11:10 PM
What's the best thing you've learned from your experiences here?

I realised today how my view of the world is forever changed by the fact that a lot of amazing women that I have never met (and most of whom I suspect are on the other side of the globe - I;m in Australia) are supporting and loving each other and me. That has given my view of humanity a real boost.

I am also learning how to ask for help and to accept it.
What are some of the good things you've learned??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2006, 11:59 PM

What amazes me is how much we all have in common. Most of us had problems for awhile before having the surgery. Everyone had similar fears before going into surgery. The recoveries are not exactly the same, as each surgery is different and each person is different, but we share a common bond on that road to recovery. I never realized before joining this board how many women out there were going through similar physical and emotional struggles.
Unread 12-19-2006, 01:00 AM

iv learned here i dont have to run to dr every time if something happens i can write here, and some one can help
how i love this site
Di
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2006, 06:21 AM

I've learned that what I feel may be a "stupid question" could easily be something that MANY women want the answer for. I've learned that women love helping other women. I'm so proud to be part of this group of sisters!
Unread 12-19-2006, 06:36 AM

This is the first forum ever I have subscribed to. Sometimes I only read the postings,, sometimes I also contribute something. I am really grateful for all the advice and support I received from this site. I do try to reciprocate to the extent I can.
Unread 12-19-2006, 06:39 AM

I've learned that questions I would be to embarrassed to ask can not only be asked here but answered with knowledge and a whole lot of compassion, and sometimes a laugh that is sooo needed. Thanks to all!!
Unread 12-19-2006, 06:59 AM

One thing I have learned is that even though I spent most of my life trying to explain that yes, my cramps ARE that bad, and yes, my periods are bad enough I needed more then one bathroom pass a day in high school etc... that there are others , many others who have had simlimar problems, and also that it is a good thing that I had the courage to do this and it was not selfish.
I have also learne so much about exactly what was done, and the differences of the surgeries. I am not sure, if I had never found this place, if I would have had enough courage to tell my doctor I wanted to keep my ovaries, as long as they were okay.
And my doctor was great about it all, and a wonderful guy, but still I learned so much more from here, because after all, Doctors only have a short amount of time to spend talking to each person.
Sandi
Unread 12-19-2006, 08:02 AM

I consider myself fairly Internet savvy (been on for over a decade and once owned an Internet company) but really this is first time I really used message boards and subscribed to a site (tried things like iVillage but never found anything that really connected or stayed on track).

I have to say I have been overwhelmed by the women on this site, to know that there is always someone there that not only understands what you have gone through, are going through and that it will be OK after is HUGE. I do not know that I would have actually gone through with the surgery without the support of all the women out there. Literally was losing my mind a few days and they all helped to ground me and realize I did have the strength to get through it, because they were there to prop me up if need be.

I hadn’t thought about it, but yes I guess my faith in humanity has been renewed, well as least for women! HA HA…

There are some amazing women out there, and even if we are separated by distance and even oceans the Internet allows us to not only connect but support each other. Can you imagine how women got through this even 15 years ago????

I too have learned to ask for help and that it is OK to accept it, that I am not good at it but getting better. My DH said he was going to start fining me or something if I said “I’m sorry” again!!!

Oh and although I am only into week 3 and with Christmas coming up I have had little projects to do (Christmas cards, etc) , I am not bored without work!!!! Then again we’ll see what happens next week!!!

to all....
Unread 12-19-2006, 09:17 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. It is beautiful.

I have learned that women are fabulous!!! I have always connected better with men than women. Never been a girl's girl. I love girly things, but I've always had healthier and stronger friendships with men. I always thought of women as catty. I have been proven wrong!!! Thank you! I love my girlfriends, but don't have many. I consider some of you on here very close friends that I love checking in on and love having check in on me. I've learned that I never would have made it through all this without WOMEN who really understand. Thank you for showing me that women really are wonderful, caring, compassionate creatures. I always knew that deep down. And was afraid of opening myself up to other women, but this has been the thing that has let me put those walls down and accept and give love to other wonderful women- both on this site and in my life here! Thank you!

's to you all!
Unread 12-19-2006, 09:48 AM

What I have learned...that there are a bunch a wonderful caring and understanding women in this world that are willing to help a stranger. Thank you all ladies!!

In the old days women supported one another face to face. I am so glad that I have this medium to have that kind of support today.

You are all the bestest!!

Ps. Gas-x works!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register