14 Days to go and starting to get really emotional. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

14 Days to go and starting to get really emotional. 14 Days to go and starting to get really emotional.

Unread 04-12-2002, 01:34 PM
14 Days to go and starting to get really emotional.

Hey there sisters. I am in need of everyones help today. I just looked up at the calendar and realized that I have only 14 days to go and time is moving a little fast. It seems just like yesterday when the Dr. called me into his office to inform me of the results of my coloscopies and byopsies, and informed me that the endo had reached a point of no return. Not to mention that one of both ovaries has almost stopped functioning due to being engrossed with cysts. I am having TAH\BSO. Sorry I think that is right, everything is being removed including cervix and both ovaries and tubes, not to mention that they are having to do some more exploritory surgery for fear that my bowel may be infected. How much more fun can I be allowed to have.HAHAHA. Anyway, today was the first time since then that I have actually relized that it is closer then ever to being that day and I am starting to get freaked out. I mean the day he told me was the pits and I cried for hours, but this is a lot different.

I have all of the lists for the home page of things I will need and want and have to have, I have the questions to ask him during me pre-op on Thursday. But the butterflies in my stomach just won't go away.......help me please!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Acceptance

Dear Lizzie,
Hang in there my sister!! I have 6 days to go until my surgery and today is the first day I feel calm about it. When I was at 14 days like you are I was spazing out and emotional and a little touchy! I guess it kind of goes in stages because now I feel like I have reached the acceptance stage and Im ready to 'Rock N Roll' and just get it over with. Its like being in your 9th month of pregnancy......you know your life is about to change for good but you are so ready to have that baby and get it over with you dont really care !
Hang in there.......this too shall pass! Im having a hyster sister party tonight and planning it has kept my mind occupied and busy. Find something to keep you busy!

Your Fellow Sister In Waiting,
Shay
Unread 04-12-2002, 02:41 PM
14 Days to go and starting to get really emotional.

Hang in there, Lizzie! There is light at the end of the tunnel! When I was pre-op, I didn't believe it. I was so scared! Now that I'm post-op, everything is fine.

Here is your mantra: "The waiting is the hardest part, I'm already surviving the hardest part, I can do anything!"

You may not get more nervous, but if you do, remember that it's completely normal. Time will still pass, and the surgery date will get here eventually, and you'll be on the other side before you know it. If you get too nervous, you could ask your doc for something to calm you down. I sorta wish I had. I was a wreck!

s,

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Hey Lizzie Lou

The jitters will come and more each day. Those pesky butterflies are always there when you don't want them and never there when you do, wait who wants butterflies anytime, oh well anyway. Just know that nerves are normal and pretty much what you can expect. Just don't let them get you down too much. It has been 10 months since my surgery and I feel great. I had a tah/bso and I have never felt more wonderful then I do now. The only problem I have is my weight and I had that one before my surgery. God bless and hang in there girls it will soon be here and be over just like me.
Unread 04-12-2002, 09:15 PM
Hello fellow LIW

I am just a few days ahead of you and have had my share of I am not gonna do it days. I cant you cant make me....I am going to scream and cry if you try.....sound familiar??? ITs normal with us women. I am just thankful that my hubby puts up with me and is concerned for my mental well being as well as my physical. He calls everyday and judges by my mood on the phone how to talk to me. What a guy!!!

Remember sweetie we will all get through this one way or the other..... Hopefully quickly and with as little pain as possible.

Please try to relax. Oh and I have to tell you my moods swings are awful if I am not sleeping. I have my docs permission to use Tylenol PM to help me get to sleep. It has saved me this week. I find its easier to rationalize this out when not tired and overwraught. Now if the doc would just quite taking out my tonsils everynight instead of my ovaries......lol!!!! Dreams.....too weird.

God Bless

Cindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register