Am I Going Crazy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I Going Crazy? Am I Going Crazy?

Unread 03-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Am I Going Crazy?

Hello,
I need to vent a little. I am so nervous about this surgery. I have been having nightmares. My nerves are shot. I must be PMS ing very bad too. (I don't know cause my periods are all screwed up) I am a walking bomb. My nerves are shot. I am shaky and sooooo emotional. I have so much going on besides surgery also. My fiance is getting custody of his kids (he has had them for 4 years but finally getting it legal) We had to deal with his ex and now have to deal with her every other weekend when she gets the kids. And she is a walking "Jerry Springer" episode. We have until the first to find and move into another house. I can not seem to find work to do at home for any extra income and my ex doesn't pay child support. I feel so bad because I am so snappy with the kids and my fiance. I was watching Dr. Phil the other day and he had his show on Bi Polar disorder...I was starting to think I temporaly have that...am I going crazy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Am I Going Crazy?

sounds like you have a lot to deal with. I hope you are able to find some peace within all that you are dealing with. I can't give you any advice, I can only let you know that the sisters on this site are an amazing force of support. You vent whatever you need to, and someone will have an experience similar to yours and can offer you hugs, good thoughts and the support that you need.

Good luck to you and I will burn some candles for you tonight that you will find some peace within your chaos.

T.
Unread 03-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Am I Going Crazy?

i saw the same dr. phil show, and i doubted myself also! j/k i will tell you though, this is a very rough period in our lives. we have so many things going on, and i feel that w/ my hormones and everything going on, i am ill equipped to deal well with things. i keep reminding myself to apologize for snapping. this isn't my dh, or my dsons fault. i also keep reminding myself not to hold excessive amounts of guilt about these things. i cut myself slack! do yourself a favor, give yourself a break, too. it is hard on everyone. you will recover, and probably laugh at what a basketcase you were. i have! but, if things are really bad, and you feel that this is more than just moodiness, call your doc. mine gave me some meds for anxiety as after my second surg, i became so scared when anyone touched me. the nurses at the castle told me they were going to take my staples out, and i snuck away from them! i was able to put it off for 12 hours! the poor ladies! best of wishes, and peace to you. heather -also, it gave me alot of perspective when i read some of the journals on this site. there are so many heartwrenching stories. it really put me back into place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Am I Going Crazy?

Ya know, my husband, sister and I have all had this converation about my general attitude since after my surgery a little over a week ago (2/28) and according to my wonderfully preceptive hubbie, I am 'nicer' now than I was before the surgery and he would recommend what ever they did in the hospital to me be done for millions of other men. Your not crazy hun, your perfectly normal. Keep in mind everything happens for a reason. You might want to call your Dr and just ask if there is a anxiety med they can give you before the surgery, my Dr's were pretty concerned about that with me and completely willing to give me something if I needed it. I was just ready to be out of pain and get on with my life though so I wasn't anxious except to get 'fixxed' and sent home.lol Best of Luck!
Unread 03-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Am I Going Crazy?

I watched that Dr. Phil show also. My surgery was done 5wks. ago,and you're not crazy. I had never had surgery before and was so terrified I even made out a will. I'm anxious to get my normal life back and I definately feel better than I did before surgery. Hang in there, things have a way of working themselves out. Sometimes we have to step back from a situation to see it clearly. Oh by the way, remember to look after yourself first in all the chaos that is going on around you.
SMILE SOMEONE CARES
TRISH
Unread 03-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Am I Going Crazy?

teresa,
All the ladies have given wonderful encouragement. I too, felt like I was going crazy. My moods seemed to change in a moment's notice. My poor hubby and sons were at my mercy and I wasn't a very nice person at times. I am almost 3 weeks post-op and I can truly feel a difference in my moods and I think my family has noticed too. I was talking with another gal at church who also had a hysterectomy and I agree with her that I feel more "centered". I don't get carried away by my emotions as easily. I was able to keep my ovaries, so I don't know if that has any effect (my friend didn't keep hers). But I don't think they're working quite right because I do get night sweats occasionally. I may be unusual here, but I think in general, most gals would agree that the hysterectomy improved their quality of life and was a good choice.

Best wishes on your surgery--life does get better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register