9 Days PO; Shakes & Shivers when Med calls | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 Days PO; Shakes & Shivers when Med calls 9 Days PO; Shakes & Shivers when Med calls

Unread 06-13-2012, 06:55 AM
9 Days PO; Shakes & Shivers when Med calls

Hey everyone,

I have been getting the Chattering Teeth and shaking all over...even after, being an hour late taking my meds.
I'm shaking like I'm freezing to death...and sometimes I'm not cold when I do this.

It's almost like one of the Stages you go thru when you are in Labor. I wanna say, it may be due to your body being in so much pain, that your nervous system goes into overdrive and that's why you shake uncontrollably.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so...has it been mentioned to a Dr. to give a reason?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Re: 9 Days PO; Shakes & Shivers when Med calls

HI, yes I did, but it was the precocet. chills are one of the side effects of the medicine. As soon as I stop taking it it stopped. I would be freezing as if I was in a snow storm with zero below temperatures...teeth chattering. Shaking so bad I couldn't get up
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:07 AM

Make sure you aren't fevered as well...you want to make sure that you aren't developing an infection!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2012, 07:25 AM

I had this really bad and it was right before my fever spiked and I ended up with a vaginal cuff infection. Hopefully thats not the same for you.
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:26 AM

That would happen to me. I never did figure out if it was the Vicodin or the pain causing it. Hang in there. It will pass and you will slowly start to feel better. Make sure you get lots and lots of rest.
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:22 PM

Lady, Niffer, Kitzuki and Magali....you gals are awesome, thank you for all of the information.

I believe it's a little bit of what all of you have mentioned.

I'll still have to Google the Vaginal Cuff Infection, I don't know what that is.

I have been having a fever, yesterday it was 102.8 and
today it was 103 orally and at the same time 103.6 under the arm...that's without adding or subtracting anything.

The shakes only happen (and chattering teeth) when I miss or am late taking the Percocet.

When I went to the E.R. this past weekend hurting so bad...I was fine going in, just retaining urine...but I did get the spike on the pain scale from 1-10 ...it jumped from about a 4 to 15 in a flat second w/my right abdominal side around to my lower right back hurting...then my teeth chattering and the shaking started. They determined I had a Bladder infection and put me on Cipro...so...I did have an infection and still taking the Cipro for it...the fever is just back and forth.

I almost thought it could be apendicitis.

But I think you all pretty much hit it on the head...let me go google Vaginal Cuff Infection now.

Thanks for your help in your experiences. You ladies are awesome.

Angie
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:26 PM

Yikes. The fever is not good. My discharge instructions said that if my fever ever hit 102 to go straight to the ER. Good luck and god bless.
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:47 PM

Yes, fever is not good. I was told to report a temperature of 101.5 and above.
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:52 PM

I would definitely report you still having a fever since you are on an antibiotic. Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:43 PM

I agree with all of the above. Call your doctor and report your continued fever please!I hope your feeling better soon.
:cathugs:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register