Going In At 6:00 A.m. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going In At 6:00 A.m. Going In At 6:00 A.m.

Unread 08-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Going In At 6:00 A.m.

Called the hospital and I have to be there at 6 in the morning. Surgery is scheduled for 7:30. NOW I'm starting to feel nervous. I'm trying to stay upbeat about it but have nagging doubts about whether to do it. I know I need to, but when it comes down to the wire... I need some encouragement. Still afraid of dying, although it sounds silly.

Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2004, 03:43 PM

You don't sound silly at all. We are all afraid of surgery. But try not to worry. Before you know it you will be waking up and it will all be over. You will be treated like the princess you are in the hospital. You will have time to watch all the movies you want, read those books and magazines that are piling up. Then the next thing you know you will be going on 10 months PO like me.

I wish you much luck. I am sure everything will work out just fine. Remember we all get nervous. That's why we need each other. For those little boosts.

Unread 08-03-2004, 04:03 PM

Hiyas Booster, The waiting is the worst pre-op part. I wish I could help calm your nerves. I try to think ahead to the part where : We can throw away all Pads and Tampons(think of the money we'll save)
:Midol, what if that? think I forgot already
:You can pass on helpfull info to the wonderful Lady's in
Waiting!
: Sexy Lingerie

Much luck to ya! Remember, treat yourself as the Princess you really are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2004, 04:08 PM

You are not silly to feel fear.

Feelings aren't bad, good, wrong or right -- they just are.

I have confidence you'll do just fine.

I will be thinking of you, wishing you a pleasant castle stay and an uneventful recovery time!
Unread 08-03-2004, 08:13 PM

No, you are not being silly at all. I am going into my 7th week post-op but I had alot of the same fears and concerns and feelings. I love the post about the feelings..they just are. I will be remembering you in my prayers and hope to hear from you when you get home from the castle. Be gentle and kind to yourself, drinking alot of water and juices seemed to help me.
Peace,
Patti

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register