no Aunt Flo...:0( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no Aunt Flo...:0( no Aunt Flo...:0(

Unread 10-24-2010, 05:21 PM
no Aunt Flo...:0(

So, I am scheduled for my TLH on Nov. 8th, and I have had that date for almost a month. Aunt Flo should have visited 4days ago and nothing! I was actually looking forward to this one as a "last hurrah" to remind me why I am having the surgery.

My hubby had a Vasectomy, so I highly doubt I am pregnant. I have had menstral like cramps and backache all month, so I can't say that is a sign. I am just thinking that too much stress has scared Aunt Flo! Not only am I stressed over the surgery, but on Friday, my car was hit (backed into) by another right in the drivers door, and now I have to deal with insurance and repairs.....

Am I crazy that I was looking forward to this one last visit before Aunt Flo is permanently gone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Re: no Aunt Flo...:0(

MarBow, I don't think you are crazy to wonder where AF is or anticipate her last visit. I just turned 44 and my cycles have been crazy so I never know when she will show up. I suspect that I will miss her as silly as that may sound. LOL...I would probably miss poison ivy if I had it for over 30 yrs too.
Hopefully, your car will be repaired soon and without any hassles. (((hugs))) and blessings to you.
Unread 10-25-2010, 03:48 PM

Thanks!!! It just goes to figure that every month it is the absolute worst, and now that I know it was going to be the last, nothing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2010, 04:05 PM

That is the one thing constant about AF....she is unpredictable!!
I'm still trying to get used to all these acronyms. So, I'm guessing a TLH is a total lap hyst? Are you keeping anything? When is your pre-op?
Sorry for all the questions. [smile]
(((hugs))) and prayers...
Unread 10-25-2010, 04:09 PM

OMGosh,You are correct. I am having a total hysterectomy and leaving the ovaries. I have no idea when the pre-op is as I am still waiting for the hospital to call. I am nervous about that, because my work schedule is crazy right up to the weekend before surgery, and am not sure how that will work out. I work retail and make our schedules several weeks ahead. I am expecting a call from the hospital anytime now. I am very nervous!!!
Unread 10-25-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarBow View Post
Thanks!!! It just goes to figure that every month it is the absolute worst, and now that I know it was going to be the last, nothing!
Well, you never know when she'll show up. I had a period in early July, and when it didn't show up for 3 months I thought, at 54 FINALLY menopause is starting! Then out of the blue, last Friday Aunt Flow arrives for a final visit!
I don't think you're crazy at all. But don't pack away those pads just yet...just because she isn't on time doesn't mean she's not coming!
Unread 10-25-2010, 04:41 PM

Honey, I would gladly give you mine if you miss it that much...LOL. Mine doesn't seem to want to go away. Seven weeks is taking it a bit to far for me. I still have 2 weeks until my surgery so I can only hope Aunt Flo goes home soon.
Unread 10-25-2010, 05:36 PM

Maybe its stress. I had been under a terrible amount of stress, and spotted the entire month of October. I kid you not, literally an hour before they wheeled me in, my blood color changed from spotting color to bleeding. Surgeon took care of that though! LOL
Unread 10-25-2010, 05:51 PM

MarBow, I'll keep you in my prayers for God's perfect peace.
(((hugs))) my sister.
Unread 10-25-2010, 06:19 PM

no i dont think your crazy. I have been really sad i also and need a histo, its very sad that we have to have the histo, its going to change us forever...............................................................

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register