pulling sensation and pain 2 weeks postop | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pulling sensation and pain 2 weeks postop pulling sensation and pain 2 weeks postop

Unread 08-05-2009, 01:05 PM
pulling sensation and pain 2 weeks postop

It is 2 weeks tomorrow since my TAH and I have a pulling sensation when I stand up to walk or do whatever, not bad but very annoying, I still just can't get up and take off walking, I have to take it slow b/c of the pulling sensation, my actual incision and below are literally pain free but above my incision to mid belly button is really sore to press on my skin even the slightest and there are spots that are numb, people told me that after 2 weeks it would feel alot better but it really isn't that much better and my stomach is still a little swollen....where is my light at the end of the tunnel? I have never been cut before so maybe I am expecting too much...not sure, just want to know whats "normal"? I had NO idea it would be this bad!!! wow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Re: pulling sensation and pain 2 weeks postop

I'm having the exact same symptoms and I'm also about 2 weeks post-op. I hope that is some comfort to you.

While I had a laproscopic procedure (via Robot), my right side has been a problem since day 1. I have pulling when I get up from a seated position and that side feels "heavy" or full. When I walk, it's relieved, but after sitting - yoweee. Two weeks ago, it was excrutiating. Right now it's a pain in the *** -- because as you said: I just can't get up fast without feeling this pulling. I also have skin numbness and sometimes if I touch it -- it hurts.

It seems I may have some nerve entrapment or a muscle tear (when I cough -- I feel a little pull in my abdomen in a certain spot).

It's still early in the healing and I hope my sensations start to resolve themselves-- I hope for you too. Have you talked to your doctor?? I've been in and out of ER and dr's appts and my dr is an hour away. CT Scans and Ultrasounds have been done; so they don't see anything life threatening.

Pls feel better; and if you are still concerned; call your doctor! Also, don't go by what others say you should be in your recovery. EVERY ONE is totally different in the way they heal
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Re: pulling sensation and pain 2 weeks postop

Yes, it sounds like we are exactly the same, pulling, my right side is worse too and I have talked to my doctor and they said that its all normal, I have never bled or had any type of discharge like they say you might but today I have had the ever so slight, slight color of pink on the toilet tissue after urinating but other than that my symptoms are dead on like yours, I am just waiting for the fog to lift a little, its very annoying and I am tired of it already..hahaha, I have a 15 month old so that doesn't help things either, I haven't picked her up since surgery but I want to!!! so I hope things go well for you too, its been rough hasn't it? but I have been told it will be worth it...it better be..LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register