11 days post-op feel worse also anxiety | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 days post-op feel worse also anxiety 11 days post-op feel worse also anxiety

Unread 02-13-2014, 06:41 PM
11 days post-op feel worse also anxiety

Hello. I feel worse today then I have the past week. I have had to take more percocet today and was almost weaned off. I have extreme fatigue, am on the tail end of treatment for a UTI, feel more swollen and achey. Is this normal? Also, I am experiencing anxiety about my recovery and obsessing over everythig that can still go wrong. Luckily my mom is a OB/GYN nurse and she can usually calm me down, but she has never had a hysterectomy. I guess I just want reassurance that all of this is normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Re: 11 days post-op feel worse also anxiety

I am/have been having anxiety, crying fits, and a little depression. I am reading it is normal. I had mine done Jan. 21st. and still am not feeling like myself emotionally.
Unread 02-13-2014, 06:48 PM

Yep. I definitely was worse after the first week. Once the swelling started going down so did the numbness and the real pains began. I a felt so good the first week that my expectation was I would feel better everyday right? Wrong! More like 1 day forward 2 back for the first month for me. Until week 6 I started having more good days than bad. Sorry if I sound pessimistic, but the good news is that it is more normal than you think. I wish I had known this and would have stressed a lot less. Put your mind at ease by accepting that this can be a long process and it is ok. Any new pains or fever report it to your doc right away. This forum will be very helpful too .
Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2014, 07:58 AM

Thanks for your responses!
Unread 02-14-2014, 08:31 AM

All sorts of strange things start to happen. Listen to your body! I'd give anything for one nights sleep ..anything ! It's a long process with major changes but we want it NOW, LOL! Good to know you're not alone here, lots of support and infor. I can't stop flashing no matter what I've tried and I've tried it all! Prayers to you! One day at a time...

Sara
Unread 02-14-2014, 09:05 AM

I had my surgery June 2013. I had everything removed via an abdominal surgery. I had TERRIBLE anxiety, depression, just plain old crazy! I wasn't having any typically menopause symptoms so I didn't start taking any hormones. My problems didn't stop until I started taking my bio-identical hormones. I was in pain for months, and often had the same concerns about my percocets. I also had a UTI. Hang in there. Things WILL get better. It took about 3 months for me to feel 'normal' and almost completely pain free. I had many moments where I wondered if I made the right choice in having the surgery. I was scared I swapped out one set of problems for a new set. Trust me, it will get better. It just takes time. Good luck :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register