5 weeks post op really tired again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post op really tired again 5 weeks post op really tired again

Unread 07-31-2009, 07:20 PM
5 weeks post op really tired again

Im 5 weeks post op for a TAH and at 3 weeks I had tons of energy and felt great and the past few days at the end of the day Im so tired I cant stand it. Then tonight after an exhausting day that I know I over did myself I told my husband I really needed him to take my kids (1 and 4) so I could lay down cause my belly is hurting and I just feel like hell. He got mad at me and was like why are you suddenly so tired when last week you felt fine? I couldnt answer him I just said I didnt know and we got into a little fight. Now Im in bed and I cant even rest cause Im crying and I really dont know why Im so tired now. I know Im doing to much but if I dont do it it wont get done. I had to go grocery shopping today we had no food, My son had a b-day party this evening I had to go get gifts for that my tags for my car exppire tomorrow I had to deal with that YES I am exhausted today I did a lot more then I have for 5 weeks. Im would also normally be due to have my period so I wonder if that has anything to do with it cause I still have my ovaries. Why am I so tired again? BTW sorry this kinda turned into a vent about my husband too. He just doesnt understand I had major surgery 5 weeks ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Re: 5 weeks post op really tired again

I am so sorry you are feeling bad today. And I'm especially sorry that your hubby doesn't understand. I believe the emotional and mental exhaustion is worse than the physical exhaustion. Perhaps tomorrow after you have rested and hubby has (hopefully) calmed down a bit, you can explain to him that you still are not completely healed and you still need help and understanding.
Can the kids go to grandma's or a friends for the weekend? That might help.
Hope you feel better and have a better day tomorrow.
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:14 PM

oh sweetie,

I had my surgery the same day you did and I am here to tell ya-fatigue is not giving up on us anytime soon!
Honestly, I don't know how you are doing what you do do.
I also went from having more energy to today-when I slept 9 hours got up went to the bank, post office and health food store and had to come home and take a nap!
We are still healing, and even though resuming "regular activities" is getting better please remember that having surgery is like being in a car accident-it is trauma to our bodies and will take awhile to COMPLETELY heal- between the left over anesthesia, the crazy hormones (no matter what you are on or if you still have your ovaries), the stress, the depleted life energy, trying to keep pooping and peeing, soreness, incisions blah blah blah- we need to listen to our bodies.

Maybe your DH will understand the car accident analogy better.
I find using my mantra and prayer beads really helps, focus on you, you are doing the right thing, taking care of yourself the right way now so you can take care of your family later.

hang in there- we ar all here for you!

sending hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2009, 08:15 PM

Ms. Lady

We are all different but going through the same journey. Some have pain, some have sorness, pain, swelly belly, gas, tiredness, insomnia, tears, doct appts, loss of appetite, weight loss, weight gain, etc. I remember being so tired the first 4 weeks after my surgery and I felt like I was in la la land!!! I could not get to sleep with meds, nor reading or anything! I am not a night person so you can image how I felt. The sleep came back my 5th week and I have not had any sleep problems since then But the tiredness comes and goes, but not as bad as before I can tell it's trying to go bye bye but not quickly

Sounds like you are trying to be super woman, take it easy and let your body heal with rest. You are a I pray your husband will understand how serious your surgery was do share with him how you feel as you heal and maybe have your explain to your DH how serious your surgery was and the healing process. You deserve to be treated like a princess

Hang in there, it's part of the healing process. You are not alone and continue to keep us posted with your healing.

Take Care
Unread 08-01-2009, 08:52 PM

Had partial hysterectomy June 24/09.....wow, history of dermoid cysts, fibroids, mesenteric kidney cysts....this was ans will hopefully be the ladt operation #6....Almost 5 weeks and still very tired. Energy up and down, Has anyone experienced spotting due to stress..lots of familoy issues...It seems like as soon as I get tense, I spot...is this normal?
Do not be a super girl, take care of yourself so that you can eventually be able to safely care for your family...
Unread 08-01-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterfoy View Post

Had partial hysterectomy June 24/09.....wow, history of dermoid cysts, fibroids, mesenteric kidney cysts....this was and will hopefully be the last operation #6....Almost 5 weeks and still very tired. Energy up and down, Has anyone experienced spotting due to stress..lots of familoy issues...It seems like as soon as I get tense, I spot...is this normal?
Do not be a super girl, take care of yourself so that you can eventually be able to safely care for your family...
if anyone can run me through their experiences from 1 week to 6 weeks post op I'd reaaly appreciate that!
Thanksa
Unread 08-01-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterfoy View Post

Had partial hysterectomy June 24/09.....wow, history of dermoid cysts, fibroids, mesenteric kidney cysts....this was and will hopefully be the ladt operation #6....Almost 5 weeks and still very tired. Energy up and down, Has anyone experienced spotting due to stress..lots of familoy issues...It seems like as soon as I get tense, I spot...is this normal?
if anyone can run me through their experiences from 1 week to 6 weeks post op I'd reaaly appreciate that!
Thanksa
Unread 08-02-2009, 12:45 AM

oh fieroangel I too am sorry your husband isn't being nicer. Men can be so disagreeable when change happens, and I find they tend to get frustrated when there's a problem they can't fix. It sure sounds like you're overdoing it to me. Is there anyone else who can help you out with kids, etc. for a couple more weeks so that you can rest and get back on track with healing? Sending you support and wishes for more comfy healing, feel free to vent at any time!

Chesterfoy, you might want to go to the home page and look at the post-op suggestions, they go through what you can do week-by-week. And there are progress reports for each "group" of women who had their surgeries in the same week -- you can find the one that correlates with your surgery date and follow it. I haven't had spotting as a result of stress, but it has come back when I've overdone it, and I imagine stress is a lot like overdoing it. Hang in there, you'll learn a lot as you continue to explore this site.
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:59 AM

Hello Fieroangel,

I do so recognize what you are writing! Yesterday evenening I went to bed real early because I was very tired, after a couple of very energetic days. Didn't do anything special actually yesterday, but yet I was tired. Although my DH didn't say anything I could see he wasn't very pleased.

My DH and me discussed it this morning over breakfast. He is going out today with his sister; last week he went out for the whole Sunday with his best friend. I let him know that although I am very pleased for him, I am longing for the day to do all those things myself too. The way he replied made me clear that he thinks I should be able to all these things right now. It hurt me a bit.

He does realize that I have had a major surgery and that there is no way for him to understand what is really going on in my body and in my mind. What he sees is a woman who seems to improve day by day, who can do the cooking on Thurday and Friday but is too tired on Saturday, who will stay up till 23.30 pm the whole week and suddenly goes to sleep at 21.30 pm (while he wanted to see a dvd with me).

The first few weeks after surgery he was really caring and helpful, but now that I am feeling better, we have to find a new balance, it seems. Before all this we 'knew' who would do what in our household. He is the dishwasherman; I do the laundry; he vacuumcleans, we both cook etc. It is confusing for him to see me doing things I used to do on one day and I don't on the other day (expecting him to see it and do it).

He said this morning that he had too trouble coping with my illness. He has been here for me all thru these weeks because he loves me and cares for me. But at this point, esp. because on the outside it seems I really am getting back to 'normal', he too wants to go back to normal!

I can understand this all. The last few weeks and months have been hard on him too. We both have been sitting in an emotional rollercoaster with no way to get out.

So I suppose the only solution for this is an open and respectful communication, trying to see things from each others point of view and finding ways how to deal with this new situation that are satisfying for both parties.

Best wishes. I send you my support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register