Aunt Flo came with a vengeance. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo came with a vengeance. Aunt Flo came with a vengeance.

Unread 10-19-2015, 11:16 PM
Aunt Flo came with a vengeance.

I was 11 days late getting my period this month so i thought it just wasn't going to happen for the first time ever. I was told a dozen years ago when my Fallopian tube burst and i had a partial oopherectomy that i may have a period only every 2nd month but i have had one every month.

Anyways, I got it today and holy heck did it ever decide to come in with a bang. I guess the extra 11 days of gathering blood made me really full because i have gone through 1/2 a dozen or more pads. It is so bad i can't even use a tampon. My last pad that i blew through was like a friggen diaper. It was soooooo big. I got it in the mail and can't even buy them that big in the store.

I am just hoping tomorrow it calms down. I have never had it where the toilet is red every time i go pee. Husband said it just wanted to make sure i WOULDN'T miss it after my hyster in 2 weeks. LOL.

Anyone have a cycle change and then drastic change at the end?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Re: Aunt Flo came with a vengeance.

Sometimes just the stress and anxiety of the surgery can alter your cycle. Ever plan a vacation and have it surprise you? I was post menopausal bleeding and stopped 3 days before surgery--- then I thought do I really need this surgery?? But the day of surgery it started up again. SOOO glad I didn't cancel. Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 10-20-2015, 01:57 AM

I ended up with a month long period just before my hysterectomy. As Mollybear said, the stress (even though I begged for mine) of the hysterectomy can contribute to changes.

Gentle hugs!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2015, 08:23 AM
Aunt Flo came with a vengeance.

My periods are terrible! I'm in the bathroom every hour and it's so heavy that it scares me.
I had my last one last week and my surgery is next week so it really confirmed my need to have surgery because it's a difficult decision.
I'm thrilled that I won't have to have any more periods!
Unread 10-20-2015, 10:11 AM

I can relate! I'm scheduled for 11/30 (my choice so I wasn't in bed through Thanksgiving although I'm wishing it would have been sooner now). This last cycle has been really weird for me as well. It was actually only 21 days since my last one which is odd for me, and has been heavier than normal although..nowhere near what many women have. I have a larger fibroid but it is on the outer wall so it isn't causing a lot of bleeding. I will say though this one the PAIN was out of this world. I've never in my life been to an ER for anything and would never even consider it unless my arm was falling off or something. This cycle the pain was so bad I was not far off from asking hubby to take me to the ER in the middle of the night. I always have very painful cycles but this one was off the charts. Typical Advil/Aleve did nothing at all, I spent all night (two nights in a row) with heating pad on my belly while shaking and getting nauseous and sobbing the pain was so bad. I literally thought I was about to give birth to my entire uterus and colon. I'll have one more cycle before surgery and ooooooh my am I hoping it is not that bad. I may ask doc for something a lot stronger than Advil just in case.

So I feel you!! Who knows what is going on down there but I guess maybe our body is preparing us for recovery from surgery - because we'll think surgery is a breeze in comparison!
Unread 10-22-2015, 01:14 PM

thanks ladies.

I have been under way more stress before than the stress i am under now so not sure it is that.

Finally have lighter flow today.

I am thinking the extra 11 days in my cycle had something to do with it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register